Builds "Chunk+12ht" version 2.0 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You got this Pat. It’s close. One fine machine. Down some shiny object pills. I can ship some to ya.

So true! I feel the same way with my build.

I know, I'm preaching to the choir, right?

We should trade trucks for a while because I'd rather watch progress on your pickup!

Speaking of that, I did get a partial 79 series cab the other day, and have a line on a 70 series LHD cowl for it. I also have a locked 80 series parts truck for a donor chassis. And I have a 12h-t/H55 waiting.

Your project definitely keeps me distracted!

I know, I'm preaching to the choir, right?

We should trade trucks for a while because I'd rather watch progress on your pickup!

Speaking of that, I did get a partial 79 series cab the other day, and have a line on a 70 series LHD cowl for it. I also have a locked 80 series parts truck for a donor chassis. And I have a 12h-t/H55 waiting.

Your project definitely keeps me distracted!
I’m going to take a long break from projects after it’s done.

I have committed to several projects but I think I am best when there are three (or more) going on at once. Whichever one seems appealing will get worked on. Better than procrastinating and not doing anything!

The shiny object pills are working for me Pat. No mas carros. Definitely working on a couple at a time is the strategy here as well. Feel like we are building the Great Wall a brick at a time at times😉. It got built. Have some solace. Trying to keep it fun for the boys so that they do not burn out.

It's funny how getting going is tough but once the ball is rolling again it gets easier to find time. I am getting back to the point where I can't wait to work on the truck and will choose to go knock out a half hour on it if it is all I have available rather that rationalize that it isn't worth it.

It's funny how getting going is tough but once the ball is rolling again it gets easier to find time. I am getting back to the point where I can't wait to work on the truck and will choose to go knock out a half hour on it if it is all I have available rather that rationalize that it isn't worth it.

nice work! I hear you. When I was wAiting on the machine shop work, I would go out to the shop for 30 mins before to scrape grease or clean parts in the middle of winter. No heat, just work fast. I got quite a bit of time consuming things done that way.
Keep chugging I want to see the 70 series project. :D

Yeah right now I have about an hour a day which is nice at the moment for electrical.

nice work! I hear you. When I was wAiting on the machine shop work, I would go out to the shop for 30 mins before to scrape grease or clean parts in the middle of winter. No heat, just work fast. I got quite a bit of time consuming things done that way.
Keep chugging I want to see the 70 series project. :D
Thanks, I am excited to get that 73 happening. It will not be like this one in that I am calling it a "High schoolers restoration". Fast, and cheap. Made to be used and abused. I think a 70 series is perfect for that.

Well Ben at 5’8” I fit in it easily. But I still modified the interior for comfort. I did a 20 ride in it coming back from SAS#2 in 2018. I was as comfortable in it as anyone could be for that duration of windshield time.

I almost let myself spray paint the locker rods under the truck because they moved smoothly and looked like a lot to take apart, but I came around. Today they came apart and got blasted and powder coated. I used new washers and pins. The bushings looked great. I have to get new covers for the outsides (or figure out where I put the originals!). Thanks to @Samppahj, I have nice pictures of where to mount them now too!
20200217_082628.jpg

20200217_194548.jpg
20200217_210505.jpg

Looking awesome Pat. Nice work!

I almost let myself spray paint the locker rods under the truck because they moved smoothly and looked like a lot to take apart, but I came around. Today they came apart and got blasted and powder coated. I used new washers and pins. The bushings looked great. I have to get new covers for the outsides (or figure out where I put the originals!). Thanks to @Samppahj, I have nice pictures of where to mount them now too!
View attachment 2214205
View attachment 2214206View attachment 2214211

Pat, I need to do this exact thing as well. I installed my locked axles but haven't installed the cables and linkages. Is yours from a left hand drive truck or right? I have both.

Also can you post the pictures you have of how they mount?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom