Has anyone gone to look at this 97.. Wilmington (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey NC crew! Life and work hasn’t afforded me much time to head to Wilmington to check this 80 out but I’m curious if anyone has gone to look at it? Been on the market for a few weeks now, motor was resealed but has a small oil leak on the driver’s side somewhere.. might head up this weekend and buy it if it’s sound.. figured I’d ask
87B63A2B-54E4-4B32-9FB7-ABFE2DE31BEF.png

I didn't go look at it, but I did get pictures of the undercarriage and it has some rust. The owner also didn't have receipts for the "Engine refresh".

I didn't go look at it, but I did get pictures of the undercarriage and it has some rust. The owner also didn't have receipts for the "Engine refresh".

He said the prior owner replaced all the seals for the motor when I spoke with him, including the brake system (hard lines). It has a small oil leak on the drivers side, otherwise he didn't report any issues. I was going to buy it last weekend but he had a buyer lined up and they backed out after driving the truck a 2nd time. Price then went from $6500 to $4,500, think that's my sign to pass on it.

He said the prior owner replaced all the seals for the motor when I spoke with him, including the brake system (hard lines). It has a small oil leak on the drivers side, otherwise he didn't report any issues. I was going to buy it last weekend but he had a buyer lined up and they backed out after driving the truck a 2nd time. Price then went from $6500 to $4,500, think that's my sign to pass on it.

Something didn't sit right with it for me after my first PM right after he posted it the first time. It's kind of like one I found up in Alabama that I was ready to pull the trigger on, but found out that there was another buyer that passed after an inspection at the Toyota dealer. I called the Toyota dealer and found out why and it saved me a trip. I have been looking for an 80 series, but have a line on a decent PZJ77, so may go that route since they don't come up often. I will let you know if I come across any other 80's that are under the radar.

Something didn't sit right with it for me after my first PM right after he posted it the first time. It's kind of like one I found up in Alabama that I was ready to pull the trigger on, but found out that there was another buyer that passed after an inspection at the Toyota dealer. I called the Toyota dealer and found out why and it saved me a trip. I have been looking for an 80 series, but have a line on a decent PZJ77, so may go that route since they don't come up often. I will let you know if I come across any other 80's that are under the radar.

Exactly, tons of hit and miss out there! I paid $700 for my current LX450, been dealing with all the surface rust issues and got a new motor for it. Figured that was a decent deal for a running/driving 80 but in the end I figure I'll spend just as much baselining the rig above as I would with what I have. Either way its just something I plan to wheel so its better that I know what I'm dealing with and what all has been done.

Best of luck with the PZJ77, sounds like a good one if you get it!

Exactly, tons of hit and miss out there! I paid $700 for my current LX450, been dealing with all the surface rust issues and got a new motor for it. Figured that was a decent deal for a running/driving 80 but in the end I figure I'll spend just as much baselining the rig above as I would with what I have. Either way its just something I plan to wheel so its better that I know what I'm dealing with and what all has been done.

Best of luck with the PZJ77, sounds like a good one if you get it!

Thank you. The weekend I started Terminal Leave up at Lejeune, I looked at a Triple Locked 95 for $1600. I didn't have time to make it road worthy to get it down here before I left and have been kicking myself for not just buying it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom