GX460 / Prado150 pic thread (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have a brand new set of 5 with a brand new lug nut set (which you have to have) in my garage. Debating on selling them. Can't get them anymore. DC'd by Toyota and stupid rare.

This like is for your user name and pic. Love me some Bubbles lol.

I have a brand new set of 5 with a brand new lug nut set (which you have to have) in my garage. Debating on selling them. Can't get them anymore. DC'd by Toyota and stupid rare.
I just saw a 4Runner with the 6 lug Rock Warriors in my area. What years were they offered. Love to have a set for my FJ Cruiser.

They were part of a package in 2011, they were vin locked the entire time they were available too.

They were part of a package in 2011, they were vin locked the entire time they were available too.
Were they part of a 4Runner or Tacoma package? Did either of these models have the Rock Crawler package like the 5 lug Tundra Rock Crawler?

Were they part of a 4Runner or Tacoma package? Did either of these models have the Rock Crawler package like the 5 lug Tundra Rock Crawler?

4Runner only. And sort of, they didn’t get the stickers. Just the wheels really.

Reactions: xlx
better pic......outta the driveway........

SUmSC97.jpg

0nvDIcv.jpg

285/70/17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers on SCS SR8 17x8.5" wheels went on today.

kAHQdiw.jpg

uOxGbkn.jpg

Rock warrior wheels were offered as an accessory for the 4th gen 4Runners. I almost bought them for my 08 4Runner but extremely expensive at the time. Don't recall them being offered as a package for the 5th gen.

Hey all, longtime member/lurker. It’s almost 15 years later since I bought @dieselcruiserhead ’s HJ60 and took it dow to Old Mexico for work... now I have a baby mama and kid riding around, so I picked up this ‘17 gx460...
135BBEDF-8252-4DAA-B329-801872121DB6.jpeg

So far I have added a Dobinson’s 2” lift, sourced from Kyle at Treaty Oak and installed by Blue Bear’s Garage in SA, both were excellent to work with, highly recommend!
I also installed the Prinsu rack and this space box for the road trip i’m on right now.
AF716E1B-4152-4BEF-A906-B419CB191E25.jpeg

8464B15A-A417-45F8-8452-33FBF81FC8B9.jpeg

I’m shopping wheels and tires, but i decided to pump the brakes a little and run some more tread off these michellins before going to KO2s or maybe the Coopers, 32s or might try and squeeze in 33s x 10s, i like the tall and skinny look. I like the TRD wheel but I bought the GX not a 4runner... would it be sacrelidge to put a classic Pro Comp in flat black on this rig??? Mostly see those on Heaps i mean Jeeps but idk I like em...

I’m watching for the CBI low pro winch bumper to drop, looks killer on the gxor concept i think, also really likr the jw_offroad spare carrier, Nash co fab ladders (i never use the back glass, love the barn door)....

Anyway she’s so damn comfy and modern compared to stinky smoky ol’ Bomber. Going 90 in the gx feels like 40 in the sprung over HJ... it feels super solid in the snow and super light duty off road so far!
D28C6510-4FF4-4A13-AEB7-4311B7A81885.jpeg
F73D1ED7-36EC-4E30-8EE4-8F3470023BD4.jpeg

Hey all, longtime member/lurker. It’s almost 15 years later since I bought @dieselcruiserhead ’s HJ60 and took it dow to Old Mexico for work... now I have a baby mama and kid riding around, so I picked up this ‘17 gx460...
View attachment 2206199

So far I have added a Dobinson’s 2” lift, sourced from Kyle at Treaty Oak and installed by Blue Bear’s Garage in SA, both were excellent to work with, highly recommend!
I also installed the Prinsu rack and this space box for the road trip i’m on right now.
View attachment 2206221

View attachment 2206211

I’m shopping wheels and tires, but i decided to pump the brakes a little and run some more tread off these michellins before going to KO2s or maybe the Coopers, 32s or might try and squeeze in 33s x 10s, i like the tall and skinny look. I like the TRD wheel but I bought the GX not a 4runner... would it be sacrelidge to put a classic Pro Comp in flat black on this rig??? Mostly see those on Heaps i mean Jeeps but idk I like em...

I’m watching for the CBI low pro winch bumper to drop, looks killer on the gxor concept i think, also really likr the jw_offroad spare carrier, Nash co fab ladders (i never use the back glass, love the barn door)....

Anyway she’s so damn comfy and modern compared to stinky smoky ol’ Bomber. Going 90 in the gx feels like 40 in the sprung over HJ... it feels super solid in the snow and super light duty off road so far!
View attachment 2206235View attachment 2206234

Never heard of that shop in San Antonio, I can't seem to find anything about them via Google either. Great start to your build btw.

Never heard of that shop in San Antonio, I can't seem to find anything about them via Google either. Great start to your build btw.
Thanks bud, just went through your thread and I like where your head is at, like minds... btw I am at that surf spot occassionally, or also flats fishing inland bays too sometimes..., pull up if ya see me and i’m sure to have a cold beer or a sip of mezcal!

Blue Bear works weekends on the side out of the shop where his day to day job is. Kinda low profile and ih8mud/FB gxor member focused for some reason... he has a built 470, wife’s dd is a 460, and he is a Lexus certified tech... great guy too, I’ll pm you his contact info.

Thanks bud, just went through your thread and I like where your head is at, like minds... btw I am at that surf spot occassionally, or also flats fishing inland bays too sometimes..., pull up if ya see me and i’m sure to have a cold beer or a sip of mezcal!

Blue Bear works weekends on the side out of the shop where his day to day job is. Kinda low profile and ih8mud/FB gxor member focused for some reason... he has a built 470, wife’s dd is a 460, and he is a Lexus certified tech... great guy too, I’ll pm you his contact info.

Good deal, I'll look for the PM. I like me some Mezcal too! I fish the back lakes in the spring and summer and occasionally ill be ripping down the jeep trail back there on my dirt bike as well.

Hey Biocruiser, look at my pic on post #300. I'm running Pro Comp wheels and ~ 32" 255/75R17 KO2s on both the T4R and the trailer. I used to have Cooper STMaxx 33" 225/80R17s on the tug but it seemed that they constantly needed balancing. Other than that they were great tires. This is the third time I've gone back to KO2s, should be learning something by now. :doh:

Newbie here, just bought a GX460 after selling my QX 56. The GX is the perfect size while the QX is way too big. I upgraded the tires to 275/70/18 KO2 tires today, I had to trim the side step plastic and remove the front lower flap in the wheel well. There is absolutely no rubbing. I have also ordered an Ironman 660lbs Nitro lift fit which should be arriving in a few weeks.

View attachment 2184173

View attachment 2184174

View attachment 2184175

View attachment 2184179

View attachment 2184180
Nailed it man. You just helped me bump my plan from 265/70/18 to 275/70/18s... already have a 2" Dobinson's lift so I can see from your setup it's gonna be rad!

Good afternoon guys, about a month ago I bought my 2013 GX460 in New Orleans Louisiana. I really got lucky with this vehicle consider the very low mileage and how the previous owner maintained this vehicle. Back in HS/undergrad, I had a maroon FJ Cruiser 4x4. So I'm somewhat familiar with this vehicle. Currently, I'm looking into tinting the front three windows and a cargo mat for the rear (I've been warned to stay away from weathertech). Any advice or suggestions is welcomed.
WzuWwBu.jpg

Good afternoon guys, about a month ago I bought my 2013 GX460 in New Orleans Louisiana. I really got lucky with this vehicle consider the very low mileage and how the previous owner maintained this vehicle. Back in HS/undergrad, I had a maroon FJ Cruiser 4x4. So I'm somewhat familiar with this vehicle. Currently, I'm looking into tinting the front three windows and a cargo mat for the rear (I've been warned to stay away from weathertech). Any advice or suggestions is welcomed.
WzuWwBu.jpg

Great looking truck bro. Warning about weathertech? I have them for my LC200 and 5th gen 4Runner. Never had issues for either vehicle. What are the concerns? I ask because if it's something substantial I might replace them.

Great looking truck bro. Warning about weathertech? I have them for my LC200 and 5th gen 4Runner. Never had issues for either vehicle. What are the concerns? I ask because if it's something substantial I might replace them.
It could be poor reviews on Amazon and other websites. But I've heard that sometimes they react to heat funny and that the customer service can be difficult. I've heard positive things about the Husky brand. How has yours been?

Um....I recently received a warning from my Toyota service department that Toyota was telling them that they were having issues with aftermarket products like Weathertech and Husky causing problems with sticking accelerator pedals. My reply was that I could take a Dremel and cut the offending part down a bit. anyone else hear about this?

Dale

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom