First gen Tundra Tire size (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Broski

I love Wheelin my 80
SILVER Star
Threads
Can I run A 285/ 75 /16 S with out a lift on a first Gen Tundra ?
I am looking at the Nitto Terra Grapplers. I have ran these on my F250 super duty for years

Last edited:
Who gas had success in terms of lift that will fit 285’s? The DC has wider wheel wells so does a leveling kit get it done?
I was not aware that DC has wider wheels, That being said I think that the 285s would have fit with a little trimming ;)

I was not aware that DC has wider wheels, That being said I think that the 285s would have fit with a little trimming ;)
Did you level/lift yours? I have 265 seem to fit easily
0D4751CF-7735-43CD-B786-3F90A1E6E2BD.jpeg

Nice looking Reg.

No level or lift kit on mine.

Ha ha, She mite be right at 61 years of age People call Sir all the time.

Here's a picture of mine with the new shoes
1609516671768.png

I think the 285 would have filled the wheels wells much better 🤷‍♂️

A friend tried 285s on his 3rd gen runner and they rubbed with his stock wheels (7” wide?). We put 80 series wheels on (8” wide) and they don’t rub any more. Wonder if it would be the same for the Tundra. I also tried 285s with my 1st gen and they rubbed on the frame pretty hard and maybe a little bit of the plastic wheel well liner. A wider wheel spacing the tire out a bit may have helped. My 2000 hunted for gearing a little more with the 285s, so I was happy with the 265s in the end.

A friend tried 285s on his 3rd gen runner and they rubbed with his stock wheels (7” wide?). We put 80 series wheels on (8” wide) and they don’t rub any more. Wonder if it would be the same for the Tundra. I also tried 285s with my 1st gen and they rubbed on the frame pretty hard and maybe a little bit of the plastic wheel well liner. A wider wheel spacing the tire out a bit may have helped. My 2000 hunted for gearing a little more with the 285s, so I was happy with the 265s in the end.
Did you have a lift when you tried the 285’s?

I think the back space has more to do with it then the width. 80 Series wheels have 41/2" back space. Don't quote me but I think the Tundra is 5" back space.
Also if I were to changes wheels I would go with a 17" wheel a true upgrade over the 80s 16" wheels ;)

Last edited:
Did you have a lift when you tried the 285’s?
It had Fox coil overs but I don’t think it made a difference about the main area it was running, which was on the frame at full lock. I never tried flexing it though either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom