Builds Unicorns are real... My dream car FJ73 build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Love that scoop, not sure I have it in me to cut my original hood.

That is what is wonderful about metal, you can always weld it back. If anyone is looking to fill a container from Australia, I found fiberglass hoods down there....

That is what is wonderful about metal, you can always weld it back. If anyone is looking to fill a container from Australia, I found fiberglass hoods down there....

I found some too, but at $1,200 delivered I’m going to have to wait on that for a little Bit. Not sure the price just hopping on a container with someone is. I like that scoop you found

I just ordered one of these for the troopy I am working on and it seems a good fit

Still accumulating parts. Ordered a Tuffy 023. I will adapt or move the brake handle to make it fit well.

Also ordered spark plugs for the LS.

1581461289491.png

Still accumulating parts. Ordered a Tuffy 023. I will adapt or move the brake handle to make it fit well.

Also ordered spark plugs for the LS.

View attachment 2208597
I’ve been eyeballing that same concept myself. Long ways away from making it happen still.

taillight question.... it has a weird fog light tail light - but only on one side. Importer said that is the law in Spain....

anyway, what options do I have for better looking lights on the sides. I expect it eventually I’ll build a customer bumper and I won’t want the lights there. So basically I’m looking to replace the side lights and have them be the stop turn.

01440F5E-AB60-4379-83BE-403D7A540C24.jpeg

6A5229C8-A2B8-4742-A1AD-7CBCF44E723A.jpeg

8F64407C-9E80-4934-94B2-C829D2355816.jpeg

Cruiser Outfitters can supply the "normal" tail lamps with red/orange/clear lenses.

but only on one side. Importer said that is the law in Spain.

Correct, there are a few European countries that are like that.

Double check the new lenses will fit. I seem to remember a post a few years back that showed the recesses the lenses fitted into were a different shape between various models, but that was probably after 1990

I assume I will need lenses and backs, so the entire light housing.

found these, but don't list fj73

1583456325991.png

Amazon product ASIN B07XLJKV3W

these say they will work for 73

1583456485527.png

stock light is still available too...

1583456606820.png

The bit I was saying is different is the size/shape of the metal on the fender. I wasn't sure if I made that clear. The blacked out lens are slightly larger on the 90- on models. Based on memory from a thread from 10 years ago.

starting to get parts for this rig... ARB lockers are the discussion today. @cjmoon is the gearing guru helping me.
1600554872343.png

K255 = 4.56 gears and Limited Slip

3H4 = Medium Red Pearl paint

So, does anyone know what arb lockers do I need here? from this thread:

It looks like ARB RD132 should fit front and 2x RD152 should fit rear.

Does the limited slip change the ARB install?

I assume I will need lenses and backs, so the entire light housing.

found these, but don't list fj73

View attachment 2230227

Amazon product ASIN B07XLJKV3W

these say they will work for 73

View attachment 2230230

stock light is still available too...

View attachment 2230231
Did you do this yet? I have the same lights, curious about moving the lights from the bumper up to the combo tail light.

Did you do this yet? I have the same lights, curious about moving the lights from the bumper up to the combo tail light.

not yet, I think I was waiting to see if someone had done it before. @roscoFJ73 comment kind of scared me off...

starting to get parts for this rig... ARB lockers are the discussion today. @cjmoon is the gearing guru helping me.
View attachment 2440371

Limited shouldn’t matter. Just removing it to put arb in.

Other than the wattage, the lenses and the recesses on my former LHD FJ73 was the same as the other two JDM cruisers I got afterwards but then again my FJ73 wasn’t Euro spec.

Did you already pick up ARB's? We can definitely match up the ones you need. If the limited slip is the factory Toyota unit, non-issue, the ARB will fully replace that carrier in the 3rd member.

That's a good price if they're genuine ARB air lockers. It sounds like you have a limited slip in the rear end. You could buy the ARB and swap it in the rear and then maybe put your limited slip in the front end and have a really nice combination.

I have lock right lockers front and rear, they allow the outside wheel to ratchet ahead when turning. I was recent ly offroad in slick mud with some Jeeps with lockers front and rear ARB, or e locker type. Their directional control on slick mud was noticeably worse than mine fully locked front end pushing/plowing and not turning. It's worth considering before you put a manual locker in the front end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom