Long time no dirt/mud/rocks or camping... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Theme: Suggested weekend trip drive out of memphis that includes some sights, camping, gravel/dirt road experience?

background:
I did some super-lift events about 12 years ago, many fishing/camping trips along St. Francis national forest area , and some other day trips through Arkansas in my 80 which i sold probably 8 years ago. Regret set in hard as the person i sold it too communicated back several times about how much he enjoyed the truck....Needless to say i got married had kids, and put my wife in a black 100 series that was a mirror image to my old 80 but in stock form, with plans to one day turn it back into the adventure rig i was missing.

the day has come:
My wife has been jabbing me in the side for years for never taking her on any of my past trips, and she is fully in support of the build process on the 100 as we've moved her into a newer RX350.

In march she wants to do a 2 day trip with just she and I to test the waters as she would put it on how much she enjoys the life style. She was not raised spending nearly as much time outdoors as i was and she has even less experience in 'off-roading.'

She's a big history buff (and teacher) so my question to the group is....Suggested weekend trip drive out of memphis that includes some sights, camping, gravel/dirt road experience? I'd have probably aimed for some Arkansas trips as I'm more familiar with the area, but she asked that we do something closer to home. I've followed a few of you on IG and through mud for years so i trust a few of you have some great suggestions. From my limited knowledge I have considered Tishamingo State Park, Wall Doxey/Holly Springs.

Im glad to be back on mud, and even happier to be possibly sharing one of my greater joys with my wife and kids in the coming years.

Old pics of the 80 for those who hit me on the tl:dr
169868_716418095620_7915078_o.jpg

170069_716418130550_4774950_o.jpg

Last edited:
lots of ideas in this thread.

nice i had come across one nolen started with lots of talk of dirt roads and sights to see, but nothing as far as mapping or real camping spot talk.

thanks

The Mississippi Day Tripp’s thread has tons of links (in the last 2 years or so) to trails that are dirt road routes around Mississippi

All the national forests have designated camps and if you just want to drop tent anywhere you can. It’s legal.
Start at the end of the thread and go backwards

People ask me how to find the links and it seems fairly complicated. I wish there was a link I could send with all my tracks.
For the most part the blue pins mean start and stop of dirt or gravel.

There is a pretty decent route around the north side of Pickwick Lake that goes through the Dry Creek WMA and over into Alabama from there to Natchez Trace. You could day trip it or set up camp by the lake. There are a few primitive county campgrounds right there that will be empty.

Let me know if you want more info. I don't have a track but I can walk you through it on google.

People ask me how to find the links and it seems fairly complicated. I wish there was a link I could send with all my tracks.
For the most part the blue pins mean start and stop of dirt or gravel.

do you have all your tracks saved into its own separate folder on Gaia? If so, you should be able to share and send the folder containing all the tracks and points inside it.

do you have all your tracks saved into its own separate folder on Gaia? If so, you should be able to share and send the folder containing all the tracks and points inside it.

Seems like when I do that I have to take them out of the parent folder they are in