CLCC Tech Day thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

D786DBFD-33EB-4B77-B3CA-FB23CA630A8F.jpeg

When's the next one? I have a 2ndgt4r that needs a motor put in...well needs to have the old one taken out and the replacement (yet to be sourced) put in...

that's gonna take a lot of pizza and beer!

I know I am going to need a lot of help on a tech day... what are the recommended bribes? Are there garage disposables (cleaner, paper towels, etc.) I could bring in bulk, maybe purchase a tool for the club (shiny new screw driver perhaps ;) or some jack stands, whatever), raw materials... any ideas for a non technical guy with limited mobility to bring to coerce folks to help?

I know I am going to need a lot of help on a tech day... what are the recommended bribes? Are there garage disposables (cleaner, paper towels, etc.) I could bring in bulk, maybe purchase a tool for the club (shiny new screw driver perhaps ;) or some jack stands, whatever), raw materials... any ideas for a non technical guy with limited mobility to bring to coerce folks to help?
Beer and food? Lol
If you get em to drink enough to where they shouldn't drive they'll have to stay and help

Since you need the engine swap we could tech day at your place so you don't have to move it.
Honestly not a bad idea. The neighborhood we are moving to has some extra street parking so if a bunch of beat down and not so beat down toyotas show up I don’t think people will really care.

Beer and food? Lol
If you get em to drink enough to where they shouldn't drive they'll have to stay and help

Indentured servitude for a modern age. 😂😂

I would suggest a great way to start rt would be to have the parts tools and a plan on how you are going to fix whatever is wrong and then the labor and knowledge of the club memebers will be put to maximum effect.
Other than that just watch and learn.

I would suggest a great way to start rt would be to have the parts tools and a plan on how you are going to fix whatever is wrong and then the labor and knowledge of the club memebers will be put to maximum effect.
Other than that just watch and learn.
I have the parts... but not the tools. The two big jobs are the sliders and the front bumper w/winch. I will look into what tools are required. If I get just the sliders done at a tech day and maybe something small like the custom cup holder and/or the flasher relay, I would call it a win.

I have the parts... but not the tools. The two big jobs are the sliders and the front bumper w/winch. I will look into what tools are required. If I get just the sliders done at a tech day and maybe something small like the custom cup holder and/or the flasher relay, I would call it a win.
Don't worry about tools; we usually supply tools... That's the big benefit of tech days. Many around here don't have the facilities or tools to pull off the big jobs. That's where the club comes in. We've done lots of bumpers, winches and sliders.

The cup holder is a game changer! So simple yet makes such an impact haha

Does anyone have experience or the tools to tackle a diff rebuild?

Does anyone have experience or the tools to tackle a diff rebuild?

Ahh, the black art of differentials... I've long been wanting to learn to set up my own diffs just for the experience and to say I've done it. However, I have since left it to the pros (@OTRAMM) to handle these high-risk, time-consuming endeavors. It was worth my time on other projects to pull them and give them to Ryan. He did it in far less time and far better than an amateur like me would do. He posted my gear mesh pattern, with solid pinion spacers, on his FB page. That's confidence.

IMHO, unless you are going to rebuild your diffs more than a half a dozen times in the next couple years, the investment in the tools and time aren't worth it.

Also what, exactly, prompted your question?

Prolly needs his rebuilt :hillbilly:
Is that your PROFESSIONAL opinion? smart ass...:flipoff2:

Seriously, though, I don't know his knowledge level WRT LC running gear, nor how he diagnosed it. Is it making "noise", has he determined the actual fault, as in issues with the bearings, the gears/pinion? How did he come to those conclusions?
There are a lot of things, besides the diffs that can appear to be the diff, but are actually in the knuckles, driveshafts, t-case, even the suspension.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom