10% discount Guaranteed! Group Buy Opportunity: Torro Offroad Hard Shell Roof Top Tent. 10-15% discount. 7 Feb deadline (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Stumpalama

Forum Junkie
SILVER Star
Threads
Website
www.capitallandcruiserclub.org
10% off is guaranteed!
Enough folks have used the IH8MUD discount code to active the discount.
Get your order in by 7 Feb to take advantage of the deal.

I recently checked out a RTT from a seller local to me in Virginia, Torro Offroad. He is importing ikamper Skycamp style RTTs from China. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of materials, construction and fit and finish of the tent. It is high quality and, IMHO, a solid deal. I am a cheap bastard and it's saying something if I am going to drop $3K on a piece of gear.

Oh yeah, two other important points to consider: he has a 90 day guarantee and a 3 year warranty as well. I will also say that the shell looked flawless and the stitching and seam sealing was excellent. The other feature I liked was that the sleeping pad is one piece, vice the 2 piece pad in the ikamper.

He has done his research and hooked up with a good manufacturer.
Like I said, he is a local guy in the Alexandria/Arlington area. He is getting established and has sold and delivered several tents.

I had been torturing myself over the possibility of buying an ikamper RTT, but the price of the tent and then the additional cost of the annex and awning was keeping me from pulling the trigger. I started looking around for similar style tents and found this one. The fact that I could put my hands on it, open it up and sit/lay in it was just what I needed to do to help me make the decision.
I am ordering one this month, and in talking with him, I thought there might be an opportunity to get a break on the pricing, so I offered to setup a group buy to help him fill his shipping container and us to get a price break.

The Tent:
He has 2 sizes of RTT, one that fits 2-3 and one that fits 4. The package includes 2 hanging shoe/gear bags, quilted winter insulation liner, awning with poles AND the annex with poles, all of which you would have to order separately if you bought an ikamper Skycamp; plus, purchasing all those additional items would make the total cost $5400. We can save between $2300 and $2500.

Tent Specs:

SkyLux Bantam (2-3 person) Specs:
Open: 4'10" x 6'11"
Closed: 4'10 x 4ft
Weight: 121 lbs

SkyLux (4 person) Specs:
Open: 6'3" x 7'3"
Closed: 6'3" x 4'7"
Weight: 150 lbs

The Deal:
10% to 15% discount, depending on how many are ordered with the discount code "IH8MUD"
The package includes 2 hanging shoe/gear bags, quilted winter insulation, the awning with poles AND the annex with poles, for $3400 (full size tent) or $2997 (Bantam size tent) (not including the 10%-15% group discount if we can get 5 or more peeps to order).
If we get 5 -14 buyers (or close), the discount is 10% and if we get 15 or more buyers, the discount is 15%;.

The Math:
Skylux full size:
10% discount = $3060
15% discount = $2890

Skylux Bantam
10% discount = $2697
15% discount = $2548

If we get 5 people to order tents BEFORE 7 FEBRUARY, we all get 10% off; 15 or more and we save 15%. Plus it is free shipping to your door.

The 'mud member discount code is "IH8MUD". He will automatically apply the appropriate discount code, once the sales hit the appropriate gates.

Also, if you are around Northern Virginia and want to see and touch the tent before committing, he is happy to meet and show it off, so we can check it out in person. I can schedule a meetup with him pretty easily.

The owner's name is Corey and he wanted me to post his tech number to answer any questions.
1-888-585-1245

Post up if you are interested or have questions. You can also PM me.

Pics:

IMG_20200112_131902.jpg

IMG_20200112_125341.jpg

IMG_20200112_122014.jpg

IMG_20200112_130918.jpg

IMG_20200112_125346.jpg

Last edited:
I think people may feel that it is too much money to spend for a pretty much unknown brand. The price isn't different enough from the iKamper that it is copying to make me consider it. $3,000 pretty much buys a decent traditional hardshell from a known manufacturer. That said, it does look nice, as far as i can tell.

I think people may feel that it is too much money to spend for a pretty much unknown brand. The price isn't different enough from the iKamper that it is copying to make me consider it. $3,000 pretty much buys a decent traditional hardshell from a known manufacturer. That said, it does look nice, as far as i can tell.
Your point is well taken. I can see that and get where you are coming from. Except that the ikamper is $3900 without the annex, canopy and gear bags. This package, while not cheap, per se, is 44% cheaper than the equivalent package from ikamper with arguably the same quality. It’s essentially the ikamper at a 23% discount with free annex, canopy and gear bags.
I forgot to mention that he has a 90 day guarantee and a 3 year warranty as well. I will also say that the shell looked flawless and the stitching and seam sealing was excellent. The other feature I liked was that the sleeping pad is one piece, vice the 2 piece pad in the ikamper.
The traditional hard shell tent doesn’t really work for families and that is why I am interested in this one.

Interested.
Will this mount up to my already installed basket style cargo carrier- which is mounted to the rain gutters on my 80 series and tops out about a foot higher than roof level?
Do you think that will cause airflow/resistance issues at speed or other issues?

The price on the website is on sale for $2997 BTW - so I guess the group buy is OBE.

oops - I see that was for the bantam.

Still interested.

The price on the website is on sale for $2997 BTW - so I guess the group buy is OBE.

oops - I see that was for the bantam.

Still interested.
Post a pic of your rack setup if you got one. These (and most RTTs for that mater) mount in a similar fashion to a Thule or Yakima style cargo box.

On alibaba you see some decent looking rtt, I'd spend 1k on one if buying from unknown company. Wish shipping was cheap on these:

On alibaba you see some decent looking rtt, I'd spend 1k on one if buying from unknown company. Wish shipping was cheap on these:

So, add an awning, annex, gear bags, and shipping, brokerage and customs and multiply that by the risk you are assuming by going with an unknown overseas seller with no satisfaction guarantee or 3 year warrantee, what would that cost?

So, add an awning, annex, gear bags, and shipping, brokerage and customs and multiply that by the risk you are assuming by going with an unknown overseas seller with no satisfaction guarantee or 3 year warrantee, what would that cost?

it would cost too much and I'd go for a proven brand.

it would cost too much and I'd go for a proven brand.
I get your point, but Ikamper wasn't a proven brand when they put themselves on Kickstarter...
I put eyes and hands on this product, met the owner face to face, and the tent has a 90 day satisfaction guarantee and 3 year warranty are the reasons why I am comfortable spending money on this tent and why I asked him if he was willing to give a discount for a group buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom