MUDShip Moving OME Springs from CA to VA (FJ60) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MDK

Can’t dance
Threads
Anybody have a good recommendation on how to transport a full set of OME leaf springs from CA to Charlottesville, VA, and what that process would look like? I have no experience with shipping freight cross country and would really appreciate any help possible. Not trying to break the bank here.
(Or is anybody making a cross country trip anytime soon?:hillbilly:)

Wrap them in plastic and send them individually UPS.
That's how I got my springs delivered. I think shipping per spring was about $13 from midwest to VA

Reactions: MDK
That's how I got my springs delivered. I think shipping per spring was about $13 from midwest to VA

I tried 2 different UPS and they said no go. In fact, to ship one spring with them would cost $114.00

Did you go to the UPS store? ( a private 3rd party shipper) or actually go to UPS? I have received 2 different sets of springs. One from cruiser corps and the other I shipped to someone else and had no issues at all.
I tried 2 different UPS and they said no go. In fact, to ship one spring with them would cost $114.00

Did you go to the UPS store? ( a private 3rd party shipper) or actually go to UPS? I have received 2 different sets of springs. One from cruiser corps and the other I shipped to someone else and had no issues at all.

That’s odd. They told since they are franchise it’s up to each store. We are talking about leaf springs and not coil springs...

That’s odd. They told since they are franchise it’s up to each store. We are talking about leaf springs and not coil springs...
That's the franchise saying no, not UPS. I just put weight length in the UPS online and put the packaged item out and had no issue.

They get shipped with just the UPS label slapped on them.

ups shipping springs.jpg

How did you get this done exactly? Because when i go to the website its showing like 200 per leaf spring to ship from AZ

I walked into the UPS center. NOT THE RETAIL STORE. With the springs they weighed them and I told them where to ship them. I paid them about $13 each and they slapped the sticker just like the picture I posted above and they were there in 4 days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom