Quik Hinge Install (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My door pins were bent and the bushings were wore out and I was looking for a solution and came up with the Quik Hinges.
So I ordered a set of quick hinges from Mud Member @69LC Quik Hinges available
I sent them to Armor Coatings in Utah to have them powder coated black.

60219089013__465DF41F-912F-4C32-99CF-B227157FCF80.JPG

Be sure that when you paint them or powder coat them you tape off the pin portion, I didn't and the shop powder coated them so I had to carefully wire wheel and sand off the coating and it sucked.
One thing about this install is that its easiest to remove the doors, then take out the hinge half that's on the body first. Also, be prepared to be flexible and have agile fingers!
!
IMG_1987.JPG

I opened my kick plate so I could see the bottom hinge bolts and it was a lot nicer that way. I used a 12mm open ended wrench and set of sockets. The removal of the bottom hinge was easy. The upper hinge on both sides wasn't fun. they are in a tight area that I was only able to get the opened ended wrench on and it was 1/3 of a turn at a time so it was slow moving. I found that on the driver side upper hinge unbolting the top of the fuse box and pulling it down out of the way helped tremendously in making room. I also unbolted the dash and pulled it out and out of the way so I could thread my arm in through the hole.
IMG_1990.JPG
IMG_1989.JPG

Reassembly isn't all that hard you just have to remember to leave the bolts a little loose for movement on both sides of the hinges so you ca properly line up the doors and body lines then tighten up. Having someone to help when you first bolt them in is nice because then one can hold the door where needed while the other tightens. It defiantly is nice to have the doors that don't rattle and can be taken off for cruising in the nice weather. I highly recommend these hinges.
IMG_1992.JPG

Last edited:
Looks great! Nice write up.

Agreed. Brings back memories, because I had to go through the same scraped knuckle ordeal to put FST hinges on my rig many years ago.

Thats when you wish you could borrow for an hour the little oriental guy that put it together the first time!

Back when I was developing the hinges I got this guy to help since I have working meathooks...

View attachment 2199336

That explains why he looks like that: a used up master-class assembler!

OMG! I’ve just seen my future! :eek:

Be sure when bolting the dash back on that everything is connected. Now my speedo and fuel gage don’t work

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom