Hello to All! (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,
Matt here from Wisconsin. I have a 1991 LJ78 Prado Ex5 with the 2LTE. 5spd. I've been reading the archived threads for months now and figured I should join.
I've done quite a bit to the truck and plan to do more, but right now I need a clutch. Started slipping a few days ago and I'm having a hard time finding a replacement kit. Build date is 05/91. Found the part numbers on megazip, but would rather buy it from a local vendor. Does anyone have an Exedy dealer they use in the states or a part number? Any help here is seriously appreciated! I drive hard and want the best replacement out there.
Forgive the "Ask" right off the bat....

Hello and welcome! Let's see some photos! Judging by your avatar, yours is very similar to my Prado except mine is an SX5. How many kms has it done?
For a clutch kit I would recommend Toyota Diesel Hilux Trucks, Land Cruisers and Parts, he's a great guy and knows these JDM Cruisers inside and out.

Hello and welcome! Let's see some photos! Judging by your avatar, yours is very similar to my Prado except mine is an SX5. How many kms has it done?
For a clutch kit I would recommend Toyota Diesel Hilux Trucks, Land Cruisers and Parts, he's a great guy and knows these JDM Cruisers inside and out.
Thanks much! I will post some pics soon.
Bought it with around 130km. Only put on like 5k since Sept 2019.

If the flywheel is a dual mass type, you should really consider going with a single mass at the same time. The dual mass flywheels are known to fail. You can buy kits that include flywheel/clutch/bearings etc. You don't want to have to drop the transmission any more than you need to!

If the flywheel is a dual mass type, you should really consider going with a single mass at the same time. The dual mass flywheels are known to fail. You can buy kits that include flywheel/clutch/bearings etc. You don't want to have to drop the transmission any more than you need to!
Thanks,
I haven't opened her up yet to check the flywheel. I've seen this Solid Flywheel Conversion Kit 2.4TD
but would rather not buy overseas if avoidable. I've been in touch with Dave at Back 40. He's working on a quote.
Any other vendors you can think of?

Thanks. Talked to Ronnie there this morning. Said 1-4 weeks and couldn't tell me the brand. Firm 2nd choice right there, but it's nice to know what's out there.

I did order a OEM Toyota solid mass flywheel, clutch etc. for a 2LT-II Hilux Surf I had a couple of years ago. Pretty sure the part numbers are the same - but you'd have to check into it. You can buy direct from Toyota via an number of channels. These are the parts I ordered:

Description/Part number/quantity

FLYWHEEL SUB-ASSY - 13405-54080 - (1)

BOLT, FLYWHEEL SET - 90105-12109 - (8)

COVER ASSY, CLUTCH - 31210-26164 - (1)

DISC ASSY, CLUTCH - 31250-26182 - (1)

BEARING ASSY, CLUTCH RELEASE - 31230-35061 - (1)

Cheers,
Nick

I did order a OEM Toyota solid mass flywheel, clutch etc. for a 2LT-II Hilux Surf I had a couple of years ago. Pretty sure the part numbers are the same - but you'd have to check into it. You can buy direct from Toyota via an number of channels. These are the parts I ordered:

Description/Part number/quantity

FLYWHEEL SUB-ASSY - 13405-54080 - (1)

BOLT, FLYWHEEL SET - 90105-12109 - (8)

COVER ASSY, CLUTCH - 31210-26164 - (1)

DISC ASSY, CLUTCH - 31250-26182 - (1)

BEARING ASSY, CLUTCH RELEASE - 31230-35061 - (1)

Cheers,
Nick
Thanks Nick! Much appreciated.

Welcome. Glad you decided to join. I invite you to join our group on Facebook & Instagram. 70 series Land Cruiser - North America. @lc70northamerica

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom