Gx 460 Goose Gear rear drawer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 2017 Gx 460
I am talking to Goose gear about a project
right now they dont have any goose gear rear drawers specific fit for the gx 460
currently you buy their generic rear drawer kit
and it looks like photo below

they are designing something that looks more fit and finish
and ill post a similar example
just wanted people to know about it in case anyone else wanted to get a group buy going

The more people I am sure they will be happy to see a lexus GX crowd so they know to make more products

4 runner but exact example of what we would do generically

goose-gear-side-by-side-double-drawers-rear-cargo-vehicle-storage_800x.jpg

photo of something I asked them to do / consider in a design

credit to member @dkw3
see his thread

image.jpg

photo of something I asked them to do / consider in a design

credit to member @dkw3
see his thread

View attachment 2190797

I am waiting on the new GX460 sleep system that will work with the second row seats folded down. I was going to order the 36" deep by 10" tall drawers and run the plate system which comes with infill panels for the 460, but those wing panels would certainly clean it up and provide more storage. It would be cool if they would do a flip up top panel/door with their traditional hinge latch they use on a lot of their systems so that you could completely enclose it and still access the space easily.

I was literally going to have my guy order those parts on Monday but if you have something in the works and it'll still work in conjunction with new sleep platform then count me in for a group buy. I know these things take time and they would still have to R&D the unit and then produce it, but the sooner the better for me as I prefer to sleep inside of my vehicle and the stock setup isn't ideal or comfortable lol.

That's interesting I used to sleep in a lot of my vehicles and had to make a sleep system as well.
That would be kind of cool for this vehicle to have that option with the second row folded down.
I will forward this thread and highlight your specific questions.
I will update the thread as soon as I hear back.

I like their stuff but the pricing usually makes the ARB or Dobinsons drawers a much better deal

My only suggestion would be to have on top, an option to add a sliding shelf for a fridge/cooler or some D rings for securing one.

Easy to add E-track or L-track to the top for d-rings and tie downs wherever you like.

There's no question that Goose Gear is very pricey but IMHO they far and away make the most thought out designs and as far as I am concerned they have the best looking product as well. This is one area where I don't mind spending a premium to have a plug-n-play system that's aesthetically pleasing and looks as if it belongs there.

I have a 2017 Gx 460
I am talking to Goose gear about a project
right now they dont have any goose gear rear drawers specific fit for the gx 460
currently you buy their generic rear drawer kit
and it looks like photo below

they are designing something that looks more fit and finish
and ill post a similar example
just wanted people to know about it in case anyone else wanted to get a group buy going

The more people I am sure they will be happy to see a lexus GX crowd so they know to make more products
Please add me to any list for a group buy

I am waiting on the new GX460 sleep system that will work with the second row seats folded down. I was going to order the 36" deep by 10" tall drawers and run the plate system which comes with infill panels for the 460, but those wing panels would certainly clean it up and provide more storage. It would be cool if they would do a flip up top panel/door with their traditional hinge latch they use on a lot of their systems so that you could completely enclose it and still access the space easily.

I was literally going to have my guy order those parts on Monday but if you have something in the works and it'll still work in conjunction with new sleep platform then count me in for a group buy. I know these things take time and they would still have to R&D the unit and then produce it, but the sooner the better for me as I prefer to sleep inside of my vehicle and the stock setup isn't ideal or comfortable lol.

Can you tell me more about the sleep system platform? The only thing holding me back from buying aftermarket drawers is that none of them will sit flush with the 2nd row seats.

Can you tell me more about the sleep system platform? The only thing holding me back from buying aftermarket drawers is that none of them will sit flush with the 2nd row seats.

All I know is that it's coming in the next few months or so. You'll likely need a drawer system of a certain height in order for it to sit flush with the platform that goes over the second row of seats, but what height or size exactly I don't know for certain. It's still in development but there's at least one prototype out there and yes, you get to keep your second row of seats installed while you simply fold the seat backs forward.

0GJc73v.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom