What did you do with your 60 this weekend? (22 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The photo you quoted is of my truck before the wheels were painted gray. That photo is just stock black color on a FJ cruiser wheel.

The gray I used is a tractor supply farm and implement paint color, MF Gray
Thanks.. yeah, I quoted the wrong pic. Was digging the real grey ones. Thanks again.

Wrapped up my previous weekend's work to fix leak in my Saginaw PS pump by ordering, receiving promptly and installing the High-pressure line provided by JT Outfitters that is 17MM on the steering box side and 5/8-18 on the PS Pump side. Easy to install, no leaks and the steering is like buddah.

Then, with a test drive around town under my belt to ensure the new t-stat, lower thermostat housing, water pump, fan clutch, belts hoses and smog pump all functioned properly, my 6 year old daughter and I jumped in, drove up to Purgatory and took some great turns, and my 60 made some great turns as well.

Next up - the exhaust leak that makes it REALLY sound like a tractor.

Wrapped up my previous weekend's work to fix leak in my Saginaw PS pump by ordering, receiving promptly and installing the High-pressure line provided by JT Outfitters that is 17MM on the steering box side and 5/8-18 on the PS Pump side. Easy to install, no leaks and the steering is like buddah.

Then, with a test drive around town under my belt to ensure the new t-stat, lower thermostat housing, water pump, fan clutch, belts hoses and smog pump all functioned properly, my 6 year old daughter and I jumped in, drove up to Purgatory and took some great turns, and my 60 made some great turns as well.

My son was skiing at Purgatory on Sunday, he said the conditions were great.

The photo you quoted is of my truck before the wheels were painted gray. That photo is just stock black color on a FJ cruiser wheel.

The gray I used is a tractor supply farm and implement paint color, MF Gray
Thanks.. yeah, I quoted the wrong pic. Was digging the real grey ones. Thanks again.

MF in this case should refer to Massey Ferguson. Maybe that's obvious to everyone, but I thought it might be worth pointing that out.

Yeah, thanks for the “unpacking”, I couldn’t remember if it said MF Gray or Massey Ferguson on the rattle can.

This weekend my 62 was the parts runner for my friend who was re-lifting his Jeep. Then it got some action of its own when I replaced the oil pan gasket. I hope it doesn't leak cause that sucked to do. At one point I was holding the pan up with my forehead while trying to get the bolts in. Between that and oil dripping on my face I think I've had enough.

Finished up some 3FE work I've been putting off. Few weeks ago it began running poorly so I dove in. Found a large crack in the intake to throttle body hose, had a better replacement so swapped that it. Pulled the intake, cleaned the throttle body, and swapped in rebuilt fuel injectors. Desmogged while I was in there. Also replaced plugs, wires, and distributor cap and rotor. Engine has >200k on it after the rebuild and the throttle body and injectors haven't been touched until I did this recent work on it.

GatorJim, did you do a full 3fe desmog and remove everything, or just cap off some lines? How's it running? Been doing some reading lately and decided to do a full delete, just got my witsEnd keychain in the mail today actually. Will keep the cats.
After reading I'm surprised how easy it is on the 3fe, and reversible if needed.

GatorJim, did you do a full 3fe desmog and remove everything, or just cap off some lines? How's it running? Been doing some reading lately and decided to do a full delete, just got my witsEnd keychain in the mail today actually. Will keep the cats.
After reading I'm surprised how easy it is on the 3fe, and reversible if needed.

I think I did a full 3FE desmog. The air rail was cracked. That came off and the air rail holes in the head were plugged (got parts from @FJ40Jim ). I used a freeze plug in the EGR hole in the intake manifold and a huge allen head plug in the EGR hole in the exhaust. The emissions cluster on the inner fender was removed. Metal vacuum piping is still in place. I capped one line and looped a vacuum line to close off two others. The large hoses on the smog pump were removed. One ran to the air cleaner and I capped that with a fat silicone cap that was in the desmog pack I got from @FJ40Jim . Smog pump is still in place and I keep it need to either add a filter to the intake side or reconnect the hose that runs from the air filter to the pump.

I can't tell any difference in how it runs but I also have not had it out on the road yet.

This would be easily reversible if the removed parts are good.

It's been exhausting... boom tish.

But yeah, new 3 inch exhaust, mild steel, turbo back. Can't wait to get it fitted and see how it goes.

received_2863713407025843.jpeg

@MNKeith Love your rigs man! My 60 is currently hibernating in my driveway and would love to see it driving back on the road again. I really like your Tacoma I was wondering if you don't mind sharing mods you did to it, I am considering getting that body style since the current Tacoma seems to have sprouted like wild mushrooms lately. I like that front end in comparison to the current Tacoma but I have another year and a half to go on the wife's car so I have to wait.:(

Post some pics of the Tacoma?

Thanks! Other than the mind bogglingly bad ABS which I have yet to override, it's an amazing truck. Ha.

Had a 3G 4R that I got those Level 8 wheels for (16x8 -10), they fit nicely on the Taco.
Headstrong AAL & coils, Bilstein 5100s.
Bolt on sliders mostly for alley icebergs (no joke here) and as a step to get the kiddo in/out.
US Offroad half bumper and cheapo winch that works.
Some various lighting upgrades, topper and that's the gist of it.
Mild build for hauling a small toy hauler & dirt bikes around northern MN.

Don't have a whole lot of pics of it really. Here's one before I put the topper on it.

cabin_090218_238.jpg

Fiiiiiinally got around to refreshing the front end. Painted the headlight valances black (PO had painted them green) and installed the beautiful @kelly saad grill I've been sitting on for over a year.

She's looking purdy and ready for her big makeover at @TRAIL TAILOR next month.

IMG_20200124_213429.jpg

Fiiiiiinally got around to refreshing the front end. Painted the headlight valances black (PO had painted them green) and installed the beautiful @kelly saad grill I've been sitting on for over a year.

She's looking purdy and ready for her big makeover at @TRAIL TAILOR next month.

View attachment 2191791

that looks great! i can’t wait to get my grille on too. it’s been sitting for a while waiting for time. i think ours might have been the same batch!

Drove from Phoenix to San Diego for my 39th birthday. We spent the day at the beach, ate a ton of seafood, took the pups to the dog beach, and stopped at the Imperial Dunes (Glamis) on the way home. Almost 710mi exactly round trip. The truck didn’t skip a beat and I ran the A/C pretty much non stop for the dogs. Pulled it in the garage and noticed the fuel pump is leaking, but it got us there and home safely and for that, I’m happy. Great weekend in the cruiser. Also, it rolled 128k on the way home. 😎

739BBB6F-00E7-4001-9D68-AA3DDE4D7F47.jpeg

89BA0286-BEE1-4FA4-B26C-8023C4E387DB.jpeg

6D9A77EA-B4E6-42A7-B320-AF5712531FCB.jpeg

Drove from Phoenix to San Diego for my 39th birthday. We spent the day at the beach, ate a ton of seafood, took the pups to the dog beach, and stopped at the Imperial Dunes (Glamis) on the way home. Almost 710mi exactly round trip. The truck didn’t skip a beat and I ran the A/C pretty much non stop for the dogs. Pulled it in the garage and noticed the fuel pump is leaking, but it got us there and home safely and for that, I’m happy. Great weekend in the cruiser. Also, it rolled 128k on the way home. 😎

View attachment 2193547

View attachment 2193549
I was there today but in my Motorcycle.
Looks great!
And happy birthday!

I got some bad memories 🙂but fully recovered, got some backcountry turns in this weekend near Wolf Creek Pass

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom