Logo Poll (1 Viewer)

Which logo style do you like as a starting point?

• 1. Gavin Style

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4. Tony's experiment style

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Tony_Farson

Club President, Battle Born Cruisers
GOLD Star
Threads
Website
battleborncruisers.com
This is poll to determine which "style" the club prefers for an updated logo. Remember we are trying to keep it easy to print, so there will likely be two versions of whatever we decide. Full color for certain types of media and web and monochrome/grayscale for shirts. This will make it possible to invert the colors to suit a dark fabric or light fabric.

Remember that words, boarders, cruiser images, and other content can be changed or adjusted. We aren't voting on the EXACT logo below, but perhaps the "spirit" of the logo if you will.

One final note: No one else has really contributed content for the poll, just me. If someone has an idea or has seen something they like, please speak up! :)

Choices:

1. Gavin Style
1578953860352.png

2. Reef Monkey Style
1578953898825.png

3. Petrol Burn Style
1578953929289.png

4. Tony's experiment style
1578953988425.png

why not spruce up the designs with something a little less model specific? Maybe a TEQ or LANDCRUISER emblem with muddy tire tracks spattered across it?

The are just style samples, we can add details to whichever we choose. Most commercial printing and merchandise companies won’t duplicate TEQ due to copyright issues. We discussed doing a modular logo where different model TLCs could be placed in the midst of the rest of the design. All that said, we are open to other designs and styles too.

The are just style samples, we can add details to whichever we choose. Most commercial printing and merchandise companies won’t duplicate TEQ due to copyright issues. We discussed doing a modular logo where different model TLCs could be placed in the midst of the rest of the design. All that said, we are open to other designs and styles too.

... remember, my brother owns a print/design shop.

Maybe we can see what your brother can design for us? The plan is to use ReefMonkey to host our "store" for the club so our members can purchase goods with our logo on demand and we don't have to maintain stock, take orders and payments. So we would need full access to whatever he did for us to upload the ReefMonkey.

Here's my notes on him from the other "Logo" post...

Update: ih8mud uses a service called Reef Monkey to sell their merchandise dynamically without having to keep stock on hand. Here's how it works...

"Hey Tony!

Sorry for the slow response on this. I'd love to help. It's super simple, as you might imagine. You send me the best quality image you have of the club logo - and I can clean it up if needed then we can put that on some basic merchandise and make it available. If someone buys it, the club gets a monthly payment through paypal. It ranges from 50 cents for stickers $1 on most shirts, $2 on some, etc, etc...

The other nice thing is that there is cross shopping. People that find a TEQ or a IH8MUD shirt might want one of yours as well because it's cool.

So with that in mind, let me know if you have design ideas, preferences, or any type of product that you'd really like to make sure is available.

If there's enough demand for the product, we can talk about more designs, styles, etc. Or we can do some branded merch : Carharrt clothes, hats, jackets, etc. Super nice, but it's a pre-order only scenario."

The guy at reefmonkey also does artwork for people. We will need to decide on a few options we like for the new logo and vote on them before we get prices from anyone.

Maybe we can see what your brother can design for us? The plan is to use ReefMonkey to host our "store" for the club so our members can purchase goods with our logo on demand and we don't have to maintain stock, take orders and payments. So we would need full access to whatever he did for us to upload the ReefMonkey.

Here's my notes on him from the other "Logo" post...

Update: ih8mud uses a service called Reef Monkey to sell their merchandise dynamically without having to keep stock on hand. Here's how it works...

"Hey Tony!

Sorry for the slow response on this. I'd love to help. It's super simple, as you might imagine. You send me the best quality image you have of the club logo - and I can clean it up if needed then we can put that on some basic merchandise and make it available. If someone buys it, the club gets a monthly payment through paypal. It ranges from 50 cents for stickers $1 on most shirts, $2 on some, etc, etc...

The other nice thing is that there is cross shopping. People that find a TEQ or a IH8MUD shirt might want one of yours as well because it's cool.

So with that in mind, let me know if you have design ideas, preferences, or any type of product that you'd really like to make sure is available.

If there's enough demand for the product, we can talk about more designs, styles, etc. Or we can do some branded merch : Carharrt clothes, hats, jackets, etc. Super nice, but it's a pre-order only scenario."

The guy at reefmonkey also does artwork for people. We will need to decide on a few options we like for the new logo and vote on them before we get prices from anyone.
I would think we would want the shirts to be exclusive to club members and family?

I would think we would want the shirts to be exclusive to club members and family?
This is what we talked a bit about at the meeting. Basically the store would have a "login/password" to get in to purchase. This would only be given out to club members allowing for us to be only one's to purchase.

This is what we talked a bit about at the meeting. Basically the store would have a "login/password" to get in to purchase. This would only be given out to club members allowing for us to be only one's to purchase.

Other than legal concerns with the type NFP we use, I am not too concerned with exclusivity for members. It doesn't seem like other clubs are either. Check out the reefmonkey site you will see merch from them. I am thinking that maybe we consider filing as an NFP that can accept "donations" from non members too and just let it be what it will be. Is that something even worth considering @DesertLake ?

If folks want stuff from a club of which they are not a member, more power to them and thanks for the donation!

That's what I get for missing meetings.

Do you want to take the "Petrol Burn Style" to your brother and see what he can do to make it work for us @lelandEOD ? He will need to use that as a guide since it is someone else's artwork and he never got back to me.

I will hit up Reef Monkey and see what he can do for us on the other one, then we can post a draft copy of each if possible to get a final vote. Hopefully more of the club will participate in the decision making process... #peerpressure

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom