Overland Expo West (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I know this might be a little early but who has thought about attending Overland Expo West? I am thinking about camping up there but not 100% on that yet. I think it would be kind of cool if we got a large group together and camped together.

I hear you. I have a misfire and TPS issue. But hopefully, those will be taken care of in two weeks.

I'm going. Staying in town at the Drury Inn again this year. Wife isn't much of a camper.

The owner changes were made last year and there was a significant difference in ease of check in and many other areas but I am sure this year there will be some more changes with the logistics of things., availability of resources, anything you can think of when a professional events company is running the show. Another reason there is an Expo in August in Colorado.

I'm planning on camping there. Last year they had it where if you want to camp together with your friends, everyone need to arrive at the same time. My buddy is visiting from out of town for the expo and we're planning on doing some overlanding starting the Sunday before the expo and finish at the expo. We are planning to wait at the gate early Thursday morning around 11 am so that we can get a campsite closer to the expo, I did too much walking the last few years.

Why don't we have a CSC statewide meeting up there? Somewhere?

Zona

x2 on arriving Thursday a.m. to get a spot relatively close to the action. It is on a first-come basis and everyone is jockeying for a good spot, so it is difficult to get a group campsite together. Now getting a group happy hour table together is a little easier. :beer: For those who haven't been to Overland Expo I highly recommend it. We are very fortunate to have this event in our own backyard. I've attended 8 times (doing the full 3-day overland experience) - incredible vehicles, informative training, inspirational people, and plenty of opportunity to spend your money.

Just trailers and beer.

I wonder if there will any roof top tents or tactical gear on display?

Funny you mention that. I work for an ammo dealer in Tempe. Today we called and tried to get in as a Vendor, they told us no because the park wouldn't allow it. Then I asked if we could just hand out swag and was still shot down. I called them out asking why Crossbreed Holsters is allowed, their answer "oh their not selling holsters, just other soft gear". Had we been able to be there that would have been huge for us with the 23K people attending.

I wonder if there will any roof top tents or tactical gear on display?
There are definitely roof top tent vendors there. I recall Tepui, James Baroud and Casacadia last year. See here for current confirmed 2020 vendors: Sponsor & Exhibitor List 2020 WEST — Overland Expo®.

They try to concentrate on expedition-related vendors, so not much tactical gear. The vendor space is huge, but there isn't a lot of real estate left so they are fairly picky on what vendors they allow.

Why don't we have a CSC statewide meeting up there? Somewhere?

Zona
I’m down for that, I mentioned that possibility at last nights meeting. My wife and I will be attending for our 2nd year. We registered early and are staying in the Camp Tuthill campground. @highway_romping mentioned a happy hour, maybe we can make it one in the same.

There are definitely roof top tent vendors there. I recall Tepui, James Baroud and Casacadia last year. See here for current confirmed 2020 vendors: Sponsor & Exhibitor List 2020 WEST — Overland Expo®.

They try to concentrate on expedition-related vendors, so not much tactical gear. The vendor space is huge, but there isn't a lot of real estate left so they are fairly picky on what vendors they allow.

RTT's range in price depending on:
1. how many you want to sleep/size,
2. how quickly they open/close,
3. whether canvas or hard shell?
4. material
5. weight

I've slept in a few different types and they're all pretty good. For me, I have to fit four people (2 cat herders, 2 kids), it needs to open and close quickly and I wanted a hard shell. I went with the iKamper last summer and can't imagine anything else for us.

Zona

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom