What Did You Do with Your 80 This Weekend? (97 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finished removing the lpsv brake lines and hardware. Removed the abs harness from front and rear axles. Changed brake pads front and rear. I bought napa eclipse calipers to change out front and rear but the rears had cast material in the threads so back to napa they went - some people have had good luck with them & I was not one of those people. I still need to change the soft brake lines front and rear but that will be another week. Next project is changing the dash illumination.

F28E7478-2AEB-4E74-844F-00AEDFF05FE1.jpeg

Just got the wheels back from reconditioning.

Not sure about these mastercrafts, but they are like new.

I want to go with some ko2’s

Fooling around near North Rim Grand Canyon
20200115_125131.jpg

Winter Jamboree is apparently happening as I pass through town. May as well sign up.
20200116_063131.jpg

Haven't seen any other 80s so far. Signed up for Fault Line trail. Super steep climb at the start was damn scary but no problem for this fat girl.

Last edited:
A little before and after of what I got done today - had been putting it off for a while but really glad I got it done. I had hoped my D and P lights would come back with new bulbs but that was not the case (I did try many different bulbs and rotating them - if you have any ideas why they wouldn’t work let me know).

Question for those that swapped their dash lights for leds: What did you do to prevent the gas light from (Previous incandescent bulb worked fine but the new led is powering on while still full).

Before:
43CCF560-13A4-4912-8E82-E48932FB695A.jpeg

After:
D4226061-3F38-417C-8E0C-23B7555D46C4.jpeg

A little before and after of what I got done today - had been putting it off for a while but really glad I got it done. I had hoped my D and P lights would come back with new bulbs but that was not the case (I did try many different bulbs and rotating them - if you have any ideas why they wouldn’t work let me know).

Question for those that swapped their dash lights for leds: What did you do to prevent the gas light from (Previous incandescent bulb worked fine but the new led is powering on while still full).

Before:View attachment 2185178

After:
View attachment 2185179
I just left the incandescent bulb in for the gas light and all warning lights. Only did LED for gauges, transmission indicators and turn signals.

spent 4 days exploring Big Bend - super neat territory but it's a haul !! 9 hours back last night....... have to say the BD and Rigid light setup was worth it's weight in Quicksilver..... missed two deer that I likely would've clipped if I hadn't had all the lights on.... lot's of great roads to explore -but learned that the wife's tolerance is a bit less then that of the dogs for off camber hillclimbs and bouncy roads... only one of them barfed and luckily it was in the back and it got my goretex jacket....

IMG_20200115_105240256.jpg
IMG_20200115_115030186_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200115_120847649_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200114_074842413_HDR.jpg
IMG_20200114_104624044.jpg

Im actually thinking about making the trip to Big bend during spring break, any suggestions? @RS6tofj80

Will shoot you a Pm this weekend with some ideas / suggestions etc.... you traveling solo ? kids, animlas etc ? those are larger factors then I thought.......

E

Fooling around near North Rim Grand Canyon View attachment 2184488

Winter Jamboree is apparently happening as I pass through town. May as well sign up.
View attachment 2184489

Haven't seen any other 80s so far. Signed up for Fault Line trail. Super steep climb at the start was damn scary but no problem for this fat girl.

Fault line is a fun trail. That steep climb at first is a blast. The sand hollow area is the next moab

Congrats! Our little one rode home from the hospital in our 80 as well (back in Feb 2017). Get some ZZZZ while you can (one week old in photo).

View attachment 2185556

This is our second so a little easier this time around but you do forget how often they have to get up. Our biggest worry was how his brother would do (2.5 yrs old) fortunately he has handled it better than expected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom