300 series rumors??? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So why do we dislike CVT's?
Drive any of the small cars who have them and you’ll have your answer. Mediocre performance, droning engine noise when pushed, a general lack of torque...I hate them. I’ve never seen a CVT vehicle with much of a towing capacity, I assumed that was a problem, hence the 8 and 10 speed transmissions in new trucks?

The market for new LCs that Toyota cares about, does not use them offroad. I'd say most of us don't use our newer LCs off-road all that much.

Ummm

rack-jpg.1469860

wo1-jpg.1469878

dsc02429-jpg.1701615

1579027673035.png

1579027672244.png

Not all of us. We are an off-road Land Cruiser group, actually THE LC off-road group, and I'd say even here the majority of 100 and 200 owners don't use them for serious off-roading anywhere near their true capabilities.
uh, only terrorist groups are the only ones who use a land cruiser to their true capabilities.

The market for new LCs that Toyota cares about, does not use them offroad. I'd say most of us don't use our newer LCs off-road all that much. They are bought for their excessive capabilities above-and-beyond their intended use. When wealthy people buy a vehicle for off-road, it is going to be one of those excessively modified "overlanding" rigs you see occasionally at WalMart parking lots, a Unimog, or a helicopter. (almost) Nobody buys a new LC for off-roading, a hybrid will be a good fit for people who buy them new, and that is all that matters.

Never been to Colorado or Wyoming I see...

Never been to Colorado or Wyoming I see...
Is Toyota selling the chit out of new LCs there? Or are most of them selling in the 'burbs of New England, socal, FL? Of the 3k/year they sell...

Is Toyota selling the chit out of new LCs there? Or are most of them selling in the 'burbs of New England, socal, FL? Of the 3k/year they sell...

I was in Steamboat over Christmas and New Years. They are everywhere.

I was in Steamboat over Christmas and New Years. They are everywhere.
people only drive, well where i live, Toyotas, Teslas, or Subarus.....mostly toyota's. I see a chit ton of modded 100 and 200 series here and obviously 80s, 60s and 40s....along with some 70s. Most toyota drivers here drive 4skinners though or a ****ing Prius

I like the idea of more power with better fuel economy, but I do wonder about the longevity of a hybrid, if the LC is used as WE like to use them.
Toyota hybrids have proven to be very reliable, even with very high miles.

Toyota hybrids have proven to be very reliable, even with very high miles.
Have been in several 10-15 year old prius's with 200k-300k miles running perfectly fine. IMO hybrid tech is pretty proven at this point (especially Toyota Hybrid tech), full electric which is being shoved down our throats is the one that is not quite there yet. Admittedly, am I one of those people that wishes that Toyota would stay with 12-15mpg gas guzzling cruisers forever? Absolutely yes, but I am not ready to discount a potential hybrid cruiser...it very well could (and likely will) be an incredible vehicle.

people only drive, well where i live, Toyotas, Teslas, or Subarus.....mostly toyota's. I see a chit ton of modded 100 and 200 series here and obviously 80s, 60s and 40s....along with some 70s. Most toyota drivers here drive 4skinners though or a f***ing Prius

You'd love my company, we run F***ing Priuses and Teslas as our company cars. Low cost to run and maintain, very reliable. Scientists say they're way better for the environment too, but obviously scientists are all liberal snowflakes.

RESPrius.jpg
RESLA.jpg

people only drive, well where i live, Toyotas, Teslas, or Subarus.....mostly toyota's. I see a chit ton of modded 100 and 200 series here and obviously 80s, 60s and 40s....along with some 70s. Most toyota drivers here drive 4skinners though or a f***ing Prius

i suppose all the VW van crowd there is slowing down :cool:

i remember seeing so many 60 series there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom