Events/Trails 2nd Annual DLC Coal Creek Winter Summit (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm hoping to get there around 10am and do a run on G roads maybe up to the windmills and just explore a bit. Everyone bringing a 2-meter radio? If so and you want to connect hit me up on 146.460.
-Tone
Yep we will all have radios.

Which one?

F4CB3039-BACD-4E84-BF5A-51E2EFE4024A.png

A3E48F36-B27E-4DAB-9431-58C380E4714E.png

F138E32B-24DE-4253-A971-7EB211F762EE.png

If I can get the 80 tidied up I might be coming - although I wouldn't be able to head up that way until friday evening. Does the park close the gate at night preventing entrance after a certain time?

If I can get the 80 tidied up I might be coming - although I wouldn't be able to head up that way until friday evening. Does the park close the gate at night preventing entrance after a certain time?
Cool man, more the merrier! We are all booked in cabin spots, but obviously you can camp no problem. They do not close any gates, and there are multiple entrances to enter the park.

Last edited:
Cool man, more the merrier! We are all booked in cabin spots, but obviously you can camp tho problem. They do not close any gates, and there are multiple entrances to enter the park.
As long as we can park the 80 outside the cabin we’re fine (camp inside the truck). Just fighting the weather now for getting the truck up and going.

I’ve got a campsite reserved in the primitive campsite over by the yurts. The campsite was only $30 so if I don’t use it it’s no big deal. If the weather gets bad I’ll get a cabin. There were plenty available last time I checked.

As long as we can park the 80 outside the cabin we’re fine (camp inside the truck). Just fighting the weather now for getting the truck up and going.
There’s plenty of room to park at the cabin

My phone # is
2oh5
2 3 3
1oh51

if anyone needs it

Realistically I’m leaving Tuscaloosa at noon in the 55, driving 70mph

:::::edit:::::
Think I’ve gotten kids out of school for an
Educational field trip! Trying to make the 10am in Trussville

Last edited:
Alright guys/gals, we are finally in the week of our 2nd Annual CCWS. I wanted to highlight a few things as we all prepare for the trip this weekend.

- For the Birmingham crew, we will be meeting at 10am at McDonald's off exit 141 on I-59 in Trussville (1111 N Chalkville Rd, Trussville, AL 35173). Please be on time and gassed up so we can all leave at the same time and get an early start.

- We should arrive at Windrock around 3pm EST. We will get checked in and get the keys to both cabins (Squatch Nest and Off the Beaten Path). Both cabins are right across from each other on Windrock Rd.

- A few Nashville and other AL guys will be getting there later Friday evening. We can all plan to meet at the cabin's and then figure out what we are going to do for dinner

- We have a huge turnout this year! Around 30 people including kids, which is going to be a blast! Each cabin has a full kitchen (fridge, dishwasher, plates, utensils, etc), so please feel free to bring food for you or your family to cook.

- We are planning to cook a couple different batches of Chili for dinner Saturday night, so you can either bring some food to contribute or we can collect $5 a person to help out.

- We will ride the Windrock trails all day Saturday (and possibly one or 2 Friday afternoon). I have put together 2 different trail rides for us. There is a Green (easy) ride and a Blue (moderate/difficult) ride. This will help split the trucks up, so we don't have 16+ trucks on one trail. Also, it will allow people to do the trails they feel comfortable with and not force anyone to get on a trail they don't want to do or feel uncomfortable on.

- The Green ride with consist of all Green/G rated trails at Windrock, which any stock Land Cruiser can handle. This will be more of a sight seeing/exploration style run. The Blue ride will consist mostly of Blue trails with a possibility of a Black trail or two. This ride will require sliders/armor, at least one locker or traction device and at least 33" tires.

- Pack a lunch for Saturday to have on the trail.

- If you are planning on going with us Sunday/Monday and camping on the GA Traverse, please remember to pack your camping gear and prepare for cold weather (it's going to be in the 20s Sunday night!).

*Looking forward to seeing everyone, it's going to be a great weekend!!

Cole

Unfortunately I’m gonna have to bail due to my truck not being out of the shop. I knew it was gonna be close but ultimately I expected it to be out by now. Some routine maintenance turned into replacing a blown out rack bushing and then replacing the steering rack. Getting an OEM rack took longer than expected.

I have a campsite reserved and paid for at Windrock if someone would like to use it, no charge. Simply PM me and I’ll forward you the confirmation email.

You guys be safe, stay warm and have fun. I’ll hook up with you guys next time. Beware of the black trails, they are no joke.

Alright my girlfriend and I are coming for sure, got some new parts in and ready to roll! We both has university classes and work into the evening so we are not leaving until 5/6pm from Auburn Al. We will arrive really late to the campsite area and will meet everyone in the AM (Sleeping in the 80). Is there a group chat or itinerary for saturday morning (specific times)?

Alright my girlfriend and I are coming for sure, got some new parts in and ready to roll! We both has university classes and work into the evening so we are not leaving until 5/6pm from Auburn Al. We will arrive really late to the campsite area and will meet everyone in the AM (Sleeping in the 80). Is there a group chat or itinerary for saturday morning (specific times)?
PM me your number and I’ll add you to the group chat.

Just meet us at our cabin (Squatch Nest) thats on Windrock Rd 9:30am EST Sat morning. It’s the cabin on the left heading towards the General Store. You won’t be able to miss all the Cruisers parked outside :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom