Builds Trail Tailor- Custom Armor Build plus a few things (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Matt burning in the full pen welds on the backside this morning.

J

IMG_20191223_093526546.jpg

A few have asked about rear bumpers for all years and then the Gen 2 front (2016 to current)

These will both be worked out by approx. mid-February. I have @indycole 2016 coming in later this month for R&D front and then @nor_cal_cyclist 2019 a few days later for a custom rear.

Should have the new sliders figured out by the end of the month as well.

Jason

Looking forward to checking out those welds!
Got a feeling they will look like (or better) than the ones I see on the custom Ti bike frames I buy from Moots - like a stack of dimes splayed out - each bead perfectly spaced and identical to the previous ones :smokin:

Got a feeling they will look like (or better) than the ones I see on the custom Ti bike frames I buy from Moots - like a stack of dimes splayed out - each bead perfectly spaced and identical to the previous ones :smokin:

That is the goal!

J

Same thing I’m looking forward to as well. Most all of my bikes are custom steel (road, CX, MTB and gravel). Pretty special to see how neatly they can lay them down. The welds are always what my eyes are drawn too be it a bike or a bumper. I’m sure these will be no different!

Looking forward to checking out those welds!

Same thing I’m looking forward to as well. Most all of my bikes are custom steel (road, CX, MTB and gravel). Pretty special to see how neatly they can lay them down. The welds are always what my eyes are drawn too be it a bike or a bumper. I’m sure these will be no different!

I grew up in a different welding world than most of the fabricators today. Making "stack" welds would get you a pink slip and out the door. It was about quality and speed in oil and gas. 3 xray busts and you were down the road and if you couldn't keep up you were down the road.

I'm still hard set on quality and try to make my welds as eye appealing as I can at the same time.

Jason

This is the 2nd batch.... 1st 10 are at the dock in Long Beach.

J

Nice!
I Wasn’t meaning to emphasize “slow”...!
You are anything BUT idle or slow!
Just a random thought...more along the lines of...good things take time.

That cliche aside...you have always seemed to be able to create stuff at a pretty astonishing productivity rate for a one-man show!

But you know how it is watching the microwave clock count down when you are reeeeally hungry?
:hillbilly:

Last edited:
Hey Jason - In the abundant freetime you have - ever consider something similar to a Gobi rack for the 200? Verdict is still out on my FrontRunner, but seriously contemplating selling it off and going back to the Gobi like I had on my T4R. Seems like the only benefit is the slat rails (which flexed WAY more than I expected from my 155lbs when I was up on top walking around and securing gear), but thinking that might be something you and I could figure out to add to either a TT rack or a Gobi. As an engineer, I'm confident I can design something overly complex and overbuilt ;)

Hey Jason - In the abundant freetime you have - ever consider something similar to a Gobi rack for the 200? Verdict is still out on my FrontRunner, but seriously contemplating selling it off and going back to the Gobi like I had on my T4R. Seems like the only benefit is the slat rails (which flexed WAY more than I expected from my 155lbs when I was up on top walking around and securing gear), but thinking that might be something you and I could figure out to add to either a TT rack or a Gobi. As an engineer, I'm confident I can design something overly complex and overbuilt ;)

If you like the gobi, have you looked at the gamiviti? I’m sure Jason could build something awesome in his copious free time but Tim has a similar design to the Gobi and does a lot of customization based on his platform

You should take a look at the K9 rack from Equipt. I can walk all over it at 220 with no flex and a huge roof load.

You should take a look at the K9 rack from Equipt. I can walk all over it at 220 with no flex and a huge roof load.

i like mine, especiallyin the wider size so I can still use the side rails to mount my awning and en suite shower tent, as well as hook the ladder for the RTT rather than hooking it to the tent itself. I need to update my build thread for some of this.

anybody know if a roller fairlead will work with these bumpers? I have a 9.5 Warn...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom