One week left before shes loaded up for Scottsdale... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Will be an impossible vehicle to replace. And I would love to keep her but there comes a point where you really need to let an item like this go to a collector that can add it to a collection of vehicles that it fits in with (if that exists). I wonder if the new owner will let me "Rent" it for a week or two here and there... The Headliner came out perfect (Thanks rix45) and I couldn't be happier with the front end winch upgrade. I have enjoyed reading the comments especially the sarcasm, and thanks for the advice on tech!!
So to answer the question she does exist and is going to sell.. Now time to start looking for the next project..
The hammer drops on the 15th, wish me luck!!!

DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0016.JPG

DSC_0009.JPG

RM Sotheby’s or Gooding? I will be at both. Resto mod?

The one thing about Barrett-Jackson is no reserve. It would scare me to think it could sell for a real low price.

It would probably sell better if the wipers were set correctly and the front Toyota badge was in the proper place.......just some sarcasm.........no that is reality

Nice looking. I will be there on the 15th to watch. Good luck

I hope you get top dollar.

he didn't have any luck selling it in the past year.

Are we going to guess at the hammer price at Barrett-Jackson? :popcorn:

my guess is $46,750.

anyone remember the article in trails from a few years ago about a guy who sold his 40 at auction?

he didn't have any luck selling it in the past year.

my guess is $46,750.

anyone remember the article in trails from a few years ago about a guy who sold his 40 at auction?

My guess is lower.... $39,500. It will go to a dealer and we will see it for sale for $80k in the near future.

today is the day. I guess we'll see where it ends at.

I am guessing $38,000

That sounds really low to me.

I tried to look around at sold comparables and did not find much. The good news is it will get a lot of exposure there. The other side is the sellers premium is 8 to 10% so his $46,900 selling price only nets him $41-43,000 , add in the cost of delivery to the auction and he gets under $40k. The upside is a lot of faces see it all at once. If he consigned early and got a slot going across the block on a Friday afternoon or Saturday it will bring a decent price. Don't get me wrong I hope you make what you wanted and more.

Last edited:
I am surprised the figures being quoted are so low, when compared to prices i'm seeing for FJ40's and FJ45's; which are far more common. Why is it that this one is not expected to fetch the 75-80 mark?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom