Registry 60-series Registry (9 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Hello, I'm new here. Just got my FJ60 a couple of months ago & I've been enjoying restoring it to it's former glory!

1. Year and model of vehicle............1984 FJ60
2. Name of owner.............................Old Man Ray
3. Name of vehicle (optional)............Bruno
4. Mileage on the truck odometer.....315+k miles
5. Modifications, if any......................Mostly stock with 33" KO A/T tires & cheap driving/fog lights (not shown)
6. How you use the truck..................Weekend joy rides!
7. A single photo – not very big, to save disk space...

FJ60_bruno.jpg

Thanks!
OldMan Ray

Check out my restoration thread here...

Last edited:
Gday I’m new here and have recently purchased a HJ61 after looking for what seems like an eternity.

1986 HJ61 factory turbo

ZJ1988 (Zac)

No name yet

225,000kms

it’s pretty much stock, has Falken wild Peake AT’s, OME suspension from the 80’s and an arb bull bar with side bars from the 80’s also.

Will be used mostly for weekend getaways and just cruising around with a smile on my face
A35F7930-1A92-4A6C-9041-039779101B75.jpeg

Hello, had my FJ60 for about a year and a half I've been slowing bringing her back to life.

Year and model of vehicle............1985 FJ60
Name of vehicle (optional)............Bri
Mileage on the truck odometer.....237k miles
Modifications, if any......................Previous owner did a repaint. OME lift. Rebuilt carb/knuckles
How you use the truck..................Weekend joy rides/camping

IMG_0504.jpeg

So I'm posting this though I am not sure if it is technically my truck, as a friend basically handed me the keys and title once he got another newly restored vehicle and told me to pay him whenever I could. Right now it's still reg'd and insured in his name, which I'll remedy once I get some things squared away and ready for inspection.

Details

Vehicle: 1985 FJ60 (October build date)
Name: "The jalopy" according to PO, I am thinking "Betty"
Mileage: 209k miles
Modifications: PO to PO did some awful bit luckily not major things, which I am currently undoing:
-junk H4 headlights; cheap, blue (high K) HID kit with no relays with blue angel eyes and city lights - blinding to oncoming traffic, slow to warm up, not realy bright on the road
-Wire nuts splicing the above headlights into stock wiring
-non-functional driving lights on the bumper (blue bulbs, of course)
-blue LED gauge cluster lights (seeing a theme?)
-speaker wire shoved into fuses to pull power for....something
-carbon fiber vinyl wrapped nearly anything possible; mirrors, cluster, exterior trim, front lower valence, leading edge of hood, and more I'm probably forgetting
-decent aftermarket stereo with amp and sub in the rear - I'll keep this for Bluetooth connection if nothing else,and cleanup the wiring. At least it is fused properly, from what I can see. Sub and amp may have be built into new side panels though.

My friend did maintenance more than anything:
-31x10.5 Duratracs
-updated cooling system including new alu radiator
-A/C repaired
-new wheel bearings
-maybe a carb rebuild? Seeing some receipts and need to dig through for specifics

Use for the truck? Therapy.

I haven't had a project vehicle since shortly after my oldest kid was born 13 years ago. Timing was good and this offer was too good to pass up. I find it (mostly) relaxing working on something like this, and the added bonus of adventures in the cruiser with my family and dogs will be icing on the cake.

Working through a punch list to get rid of the PPO's hack electrical / lighting "mods" and for state inspection, then I'll dive into some maintenance items before any real modifications happen. Not planning big things.

Short term plans:

1. Remove headlights, driving lights and all PPO light wiring (done) and replace headlights with OEM Koito kit (received last week)
2. Repair dead license plate light in tailgate. Corrosion lead to a bad ground (done)
3. Remove carbon fiber vinyl from all the things. I know it will make me lose like 15hp, but it needs to happen
4. Blue light special. Any blue lights must go, and will be replaced with standard white, green or other lighting as appropriate
5. Replace drivers tail light (cracked lens)
6. Rewire amp and sub, done by a shop fairly well but some things could be improved
7. Remove and replace PPO wiring to a rear 12v socket
8. Add small fuse panel out back, powered either by amp power cable or a dedicated run
9. Clean and declutter interior
10. Respray D pillar vents, headlight buckets, grille with flat iron
11. Good wash and wax when weather permits
12. State inspection then drive to ensure the list keeps growing

Mid term plans:
1. Desmog
2. Suspension something (rear springs near flat)
3. Roof rack (probably build one eventually)
4. Tighten up steering
5. 3 pt rear belts and add headrests, if I can source a donor
6. front knuckle rebuild (seals need some love)
7. Contemplate a repower and settle for just driving it and enjoying the slow ride

20191208_115231.jpg

20191208_115151.jpg

My daily is a 2016 4runner, which doesn't have soul like an old cruiser. My 13 yr old,who isn't really into vehicles, said after his first ride that he wants this to be his first car. Maybe the 4runner instead, kid :)

@1stchair, nice score, especially the pay me when you can same as cash deal. re: your 13 yr old, assuming ny is 16yrs old for driver's license, tell him he's got 3 years to come up with the cash, get to work. welcome to mud by the way

Right on the same page. NY is 16, and that's what I told him. Start saving your pennies and come get your hands dirty with me.

Thanks for the welcome. Long time occasional lurker who has now more purpose here.

Finally getting around to this after purchasing it from the original owner back in March 2019

Year and model of vehicle: 1982 FJ60
Name of vehicle: Betsy (named by original owners)
Mileage on the truck odometer: 176,000 and climbing
Modifications, if any: Stock
How you use the truck: Daily driver/adventure vehicle

View attachment 2176458

New member to MUD and landcruiser family. Recently found FJ60 locally here in MS. Seller was a great guy to work with and I've been very happy so far.

--87 FJ60
--Stephen
--No name yet but I'm sure the boys will help with that
--158k but odometer has been out for a few years ( does it need to be fixed/replaced?)
--No modifications by me for now. PO added Old Man EMU suspension and 33" BFG. All interior pretty stock from what I can tell. Looks like seats have been recovered (back has nice added stripe in middle). Kids are digging manual trans, widows and doors as well as lap belts. It has LC hood ornament which is kind of funky and unique
--Looking forward to making memories with 3 boys in this timeless classic

Plan so far is to just drive and enjoy. Will eventually get windows rolling up and down smoothly, take off 90s window tint, take care of exhaust smell if possible (wife and kids request), maybe looking at ARB front bumper and add 3pt rear seatbelts.

IMG_1109.JPG
IMG_1110.JPG
IMG_1111.JPG
IMG_1112.JPG

1. 1998 FJ 62 3F motor
2. Tony B
3. Beast
4. 256000km
5. Ironman suspension & lift, larger radiator, Weber carb, free flow exhausts, halogen headlights, spots & driving lights, bull bar, cranking +2 x105 deep cycle auxiliary batteries. Hannibal roof rack, Front runner 40l water tank, 150 l petrol tank. Howling moon Awning, high lift jack, 33x12.5x15 tires. Various rear, side and cabin LED lights. Fridge slider
6. Daily driver - for short trips. Weekend warrior.
20190823_095402.jpg
20190823_095506.jpg
20190804_145900.jpg

Last edited:
1987 FJ60. July 1987 build, my understanding is that the last FJ60s were built in August of 87.
My name is Chris, I live on the gulf coast of Mississippi
Truck doesn't have a name
mileage is 159k
mods include a 3" Dobbins lift, ARB bar work, Warn 8274 winch, Hella lights, H55 5 speed, and de-smogged.
Truck is used for wheeling and weekend driving

IMG_6268.JPG

Yr/Model: 1986 FJ60
Name: GETTY2
Mileage: 146,000
Modifications:
Old Man Emu Suspension
TBI Conversion
Mean Green Alternator
Magnaflow Exhaust
Hercules 33" All-Terrain Tires
ARB Front Bumper/Roof Rack
Custom Rock Sliders
Custom Double Swing Arm Back Bumper/Tire Carrier
Sliding Back Windows
IPF Spot Lights
Corbeau Driver/Passenger Seats
boys_on_cruiser.jpg

Owner: Mike P
Model/Year: 1985 FJ60
Primary Use: Lookin' sick around the beach town
Name: Leroy
Mileage: 312k
Place of Use: Kitty Hawk, NC
Features: Ghetto desmog, low compression, infinite oil smoke, and more creaks and rattles than can go around.

IMG_4846 (1).JPG

Last edited:
1. 1998 FJ 62 3F motor
2. Tony B
3. Beast
4. 256000km
5. Ironman suspension & lift, larger radiator, Weber carb, free flow exhausts, halogen headlights, spots & driving lights, bull bar, cranking +2 x105 deep cycle auxiliary batteries. Hannibal roof rack, Front runner 40l water tank, 150 l petrol tank. Howling moon Awning, high lift jack, 33x12.5x15 tires. Various rear, side and cabin LED lights. Fridge slider
6. Daily driver - for short trips. Weekend warrior.
View attachment 2181978View attachment 2182011View attachment 2182012

Curious about the front fender side marker placement. They appear to be aftermarket...but is that a stock location in other parts of the world? Also, no rear side markers? Sign of body work?

1. Year and model of vehicle............1986 FJ60
2. Name of owner.............................marko
3. Name of vehicle (optional)............
4. Mileage on the truck odometer.....159000

5. Modifications, if any......................Mostly stock
6. How you use the truck..................trips to the mountains when finished
UFQU9809 (3).JPG

1989 FJ62 GLX

1. Year and model of vehicle : 1989 (July build) FJ62RG-MNQ 3F Carby.
2. Name of owner : Timmy
3. Name of vehicle (optional) : Tha Cruiza
4. Mileage on the truck odometer : 323 000 km.
5. Modifications, if any : Bog stock, just as she rolled off the lot.
6. How you use the truck : She's not currently road licensed, so I use her keep my knuckles skinned, my fingernails dirty and my back aching🤣
IMG_1041.JPG

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom