Bad fuel? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Driving home on the highway sitting on 105km/h and I started to overtake, but it would accelerate then slow a bit like it was being starved of fuel? This kept happening for about 20 Kilometers, then it seemed to come good and would accelerate as normal the rest of the way home (150km). It did, however, feel like it was slightly down on power after this all happened.

I filled up before the trip home and might have picked up some bad fuel? I've just finished about 1,500km over Christmas without any other dramas. I have a clear bowl type fuel filter pre fuel pump which had a bit of diesel growth in it which I have cleaned out and I've put some biocide treatment in.

Anyone had this before or any ideas?

Cheers

Kit

If you have actual growth in your prefilter, is it possible you may have some junk in your subsequent filters? Or enough loose (now dead from biocide) crap in the tank itself to block the tank outlet a bit?

Anyone had this before or any ideas?

Rotary pumps can do this towards the end of their life span. Hot weather doesnt help. But keep monitoring the fuel system for a while.
If the tank hasnt been emptied, you may want to check the fuel pick up for obstructions.

Changed both filters and he's running much better... Noticeable improvement to power in all gears. I think doing such a long run may have loosened/moved things around in the trank potentially, which was having an impact on fuel flow. I'll try and drain a bit from the tank bung tomorrow and see what comes out.

The filter in my Ryco pre-filter/water separator was a dark green colour like the growth I found in the bowl below it. Quite a few chunks came through which I subsequently drained out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom