LC & LX470 Tesla Style Screen Radio Upgrade with Climate Control: General Discussions (6 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

To show the Temperature go to Install Set. Use 8861 to access the General settings. Scroll down and turn ON the Display Temp.

Save and Reboot. If you don't do that it will go away next time you turn it back on.

20191223_164501.jpg

20191223_164507.jpg

20191223_164516.jpg

20191223_164522.jpg

This looks promising!

Sorry if already answered, but to get video to play I assume I need to connect brake wire to 12v or ground?

The weird thing I noticed is that it will show C first... Then a few seconds later it will correct itself.

I've seen that several of us got the latest in Audio Engineering with the new Engative Ground system. 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Radio.jpg

Sorry if already answered, but to get video to play I assume I need to connect brake wire to 12v or ground?
No need for that. Go to User Settings and look for the Reverse setting and turn it OFF. I'll snap a pic tomorrow if you need me to.

I found the fuel consumption screen... Under Console.

I need to figure out to get it to work in the civilized world. 😂🤣

20191226_163429.jpg

Has anyone figured out how to access the System Info setup page?

The press and hold trick doesn't work on newer radios.

I need to get in the System Info setup

The values are actually for MPG (12.5 mpg, 265 miles remaining, avg speed 22 mph)
Good catch... I was not paying attention to the values.

I need to see if I can change the code... It's been a while since I've done any software work.

I ordered this and found a local installer who is willing to give it a shot next week. BigLittle's install guide is amazing- thank you! Just a few questions and I apologize if they've been answered:
1. I'm currently utilizing Sirius/XM in my old radio. Will that still work or do I need more equipment?
2. My factory backup camera won't work with this new unit, right? Will any aftermarket unit work?
3. Does the bluetooth work well for cellphone calls? 4. Any last minute tips for the installer when I drop the car off?
Thanks for any help/advice

John,

1. This is an Android tablet... Just download the SirusXM app.
2. Yes it can work... But you'll need to do some custom work.
Read @allando post:
3. Yes. At least it works for me. Pair it and the steering controls will open up the phone app on the radio.

It took me 30 minutes to install the unit. Granted I didn't get into the cameras and other wiring. It was too cold when I did my install and I'm not getting into things until Spring.

I've had this PX6 installed for a couple of weeks on my 06 lx470. I actually raw dogged the thing before finding this forum. I decided to do this after installing the same product on my other truck - a '16 f150 and that was super easy and plug and play. This is not nearly as easy by comparison. I was able to get it installed and had no issues with the the climate control or the anything else. My problems were these -

backup camera - after learning the factory camera is not retained I decided to just have car toys install the aftermarket camera for me. Aint nobody got time for all that wiring. Now they can't figure out how to get it to trigger when I put the truck in reverse. Has anyone done that succesfully? Do they run the "back" wire to a reverse trigger from the shifter or from somewhere else? How does it work when it actually triggers in reverse?

Airbag Light - it's on in the dash and the wife thinks we're gonna die. Has anyone figured out how to get the airbag sensor to work and get that light to go away?

Inclinometer - can anyone tell me how to zero that?

thanks in advance

I've had this PX6 installed for a couple of weeks on my 06 lx470. I actually raw dogged the thing before finding this forum. I decided to do this after installing the same product on my other truck - a '16 f150 and that was super easy and plug and play. This is not nearly as easy by comparison. I was able to get it installed and had no issues with the the climate control or the anything else. My problems were these -

backup camera - after learning the factory camera is not retained I decided to just have car toys install the aftermarket camera for me. Aint nobody got time for all that wiring. Now they can't figure out how to get it to trigger when I put the truck in reverse. Has anyone done that succesfully? Do they run the "back" wire to a reverse trigger from the shifter or from somewhere else? How does it work when it actually triggers in reverse?

Airbag Light - it's on in the dash and the wife thinks we're gonna die. Has anyone figured out how to get the airbag sensor to work and get that light to go away?

Inclinometer - can anyone tell me how to zero that?

thanks in advance
I did figure out the inclinometer at least. Just hold your finger on it and it zeros out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom