FJ80 - Broken crank (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just wanted to quickly post the results of post-mortem on my 3F-E:

The missus drove my car while I was away interstate, made it 2 blocks away from home, car stalled, wouldn't start again.

Dragged it home, wrenched for 5 days to no avail. Discovered cranking would turn the accessory pulley but turning the accessory pulley wouldn't turn the flywheel. Searching ih8mud told me that this was impossible and cranks don't usually break. Decided to yank it out and there you go: Broken crank.
IMG_4355.JPG

If anyone in interested in grabbing the (broken) 3F-E, let me know, otherwise it's going in the bin. I'm putting in a Barra.

Also available is the A440, in working order (but 400k on it). Make me an offer.

Based in Melbourne.

What's a Barra?

Just wanted to quickly post the results of post-mortem on my 3F-E:

The missus drove my car while I was away interstate, made it 2 blocks away from home, car stalled, wouldn't start again.

Dragged it home, wrenched for 5 days to no avail. Discovered cranking would turn the accessory pulley but turning the accessory pulley wouldn't turn the flywheel. Searching ih8mud told me that this was impossible and cranks don't usually break. Decided to yank it out and there you go: Broken crank.
View attachment 2163056
If anyone in interested in grabbing the (broken) 3F-E, let me know, otherwise it's going in the bin. I'm putting in a Barra.

Also available is the A440, in working order (but 400k on it). Make me an offer.

Based in Melbourne.

So cranking the engine WOULD turn the accessory pulley, ie: the harmonic balancer? How the hell does THAT work when the crank is broken?

Gonna have to gouge on the wife for not taking it out if first gear and revving the piss out if it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom