What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (11 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SORRY!!! I found the old thread... I guess it's a NO GO for USA market Land Cruisers...
This would be a function of your model year, not US market vs others. If you have a power tailgate, it’s plug and play (I installed one on my 2019). If you don’t have a power tailgate, you may be able to run power as others have mentioned, but installation becomes more involved.

PM @Brendan
SORRY!!! I found the old thread... I guess it's a NO GO for USA market Land Cruisers...

Just another reason to go LX over LC. :p

Actually... 2018+ LC have the power lift.

BBS TRD Pro wheels.... :santa:

IMG_8421.jpeg

a little editing ... :)
IMG_8421 4.jpeg

Last edited:
Installed Carplay/Android Auto dongle on my Android head unit. Fixes all the flaws of these cheapChinese Android units :)

E50BE5DD-AFBF-4AC9-8513-532B65694CCD.jpeg
B803628C-357F-4336-B3C1-95F99904E50D.jpeg

I like that! I also used RAM components to mount my Garmin Overlander GPS unit on the grab handle:

Overlander2_17DEC19_zpscbdx4ppj.jpg

Overlander1_17DEC19_zpsey4ibk19.jpg

Built-in Pitch and Roll, all the high end turn-by-turn nav directions of a dedicated drive GPS, built-in TOPO maps, ability to download other maps, lifetime free map updates, etc., etc.

Pitch and Roll FTW:

Overlander3_17DEC19_zpsbdgezwc5.jpg

HTH

Can you please supply all the parts you purchased for this. I may be purchasing this tonight. I’m sick of not having a good mount for my phone. THANKS!

X-grip
Ball

Arm-short

Arm-long

Joint

The m8 bolts with the ball need to be m6, I did find one that comes with m6 bolts but it was over priced. I just used a 3“ m6 Phillips head that I had on hand and a few washers to help the ball stick out more from the handle. I also had the ram arms from other projects, there are lots of options out there. I recommend the double jointed one in the post above from @gaijin

Last edited:
Third row removed, ordered the heritage cargo mat from local dealer.
8EAC6B90-E78C-4909-ADE9-BF6777461390.jpeg

@Txoverland , is that carpet on the back of the second row standard equipment? My 15 has leather and I'm on my second set of seatbacks.

Got my RW's back from paint and had them installed on some 285/70R17 KO2's. Dropped 8 lbs. per corner. My 20" TRD Pro style wheels with BFG's were 90.4 lbs. each. These bad boys weighed in at 82.6 lbs. each. So far I am pleased with the ride and ready for the winter pot holes.

IMG_6280.jpg

IMG_6281.jpg

Last edited:
Oddly enough, the price of the leather covered seatback is the same as the carpeted ones.

Doh!!!!!

So After surviving rocks, drops, trees and obstacles unscathed...

...I did this in my own driveway last night...

:bang: :steer: DOH!!!
7F525453-FA46-4E89-AE50-860D9858C25A.jpeg

Oh... and to save time...I thought I’d go ahead and screw up me wife’s Outback simultaneously... :hillbilly:

Oopsie...
11CD864D-F378-4A71-8CC4-0337F24E3814.jpeg

Now don’t y’all feel a little more Christmas cheer? :santa:

ugh. it looks like you kept it on the plastic at least. I had a similar mishap and just bought the front bumper cover, had it painted off the truck. Hopefully you can do the same. Its not a bad replacement.

ugh. it looks like you kept it on the plastic at least. I had a similar mishap and just bought the front bumper cover, had it painted off the truck. Hopefully you can do the same. Its not a bad replacement.

Ya. Plastic only (I don’t count my Slee bumper...which will paint right up)...

Twas a brain-cramp moment.
I can back into my driveway in my sleep....
...but got momentarily distracted by seeing the little old lady across the street....and lost track of my position just long enough to hear a lovely crunch...and of course...wife was in car.

So...twas glorious... :grinpimp:

Honestly, as I’ve often mentioned to newer drivers on tricky trails....it’s the ROUTINE parts that can kill you...because distraction happens. Then over the gentle slope you go...and die. :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom