BJ42 alternator wiring photo (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi all, I'm having a charging issue with my 1983 BJ42 24v alternator and a photo of someone's stock alternator and wiring would be very helpful. My truck has a home built wiring harness, but using the factory regulator and regulator harness. I have ignition power to the reg when the key is on, but no juice from the alternator. When full fielded through the harness, the alternator pushes 28V+ no problem, so thats not our issue. I'm fairly sure the regulator is my problem, however I have a little screw on the side of the alternator that is a bit loose and makes pretty exciting sparks when touched... not sure what thats about. Seems like something should be on there? Maybe a cable clamp? Alternator is a fresh rebuild. The sparks are throwing me off......

Long story short, a picture of someones alternator and related wiring would be awesome.

Thanks or saving my remaining hair!

41471FFB-3239-450F-9BD3-A9D97EB3F63C.jpeg

049A64DE-0B59-4A32-AB5C-6BF579F43401.jpeg

let me know what shot or metered info you need and feel free to pop by I have manny you can have a look at and compare.

View attachment 2156761
View attachment 2156775

let me know what shot or metered info you need and feel free to pop by I have manny you can have a look at and compare.
You’re the man! Thank you. Looks like the little screw that causes the sparks is holding the plug to the regulator. Just going to tighten that up and convert to internal reg, as my external tests poorly. Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom