What have you done to your 200 Series this week? (40 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Could you share more details about this switch/relay setup, either on here or a new thread? I'm trying to figure out what I want to do for auxillary switching, but I don't need a full spod type setup.

It's nothing too fancy. I already had switches from my 4Runner but there is really no good place to mount them, I found this on Amazon for under $100. Seems decent for the price. My biggest complaint is the switches are spring switches instead of a newer touch style switch. Seems a little old school but so far it seems to work well.
6 Gang Switch Panel, Universal Circuit Control Box Button Switch Pod

Scrambled to TRY and get my new truck ready for the DMV appointment on Thursday.

HUGE shout out and THANKS to Jason (aka @TRAIL TAILOR ) and Andy at Autoworks of Redding (aka @fj80psi) for the help/advice with the required removal of my LRA aux tank to pass CA smog inspection.

I'll elaborate if needed, but DO NOT BUY A NEW VEHICLE out of state if you live in CA! Dealers will tell you whatever is needed to make a sale and then leave you to take care of title and registration, when they run into a foreseeable issue.

B,

It was a hassle for sure for you. Glad it all worked out in the end. Should be ready to start on your custom rear bumper in about 8-9 days.

J

Dropped skids to get ready and grease the driveshaft.. saw one of my rear LCA bolts loose
I also now understand why you should drill the rear LCA skids into place... they are bent up now and won't line up properly

20191207_122316.jpg

20191207_122307.jpg

Most Warn winches can be rotated on their mounts... You don’t say what the mounting issue is...but just in case it’s that...have a look at rotation.
FWIW it's commonly referred to as "Clocking" and if memory serves me one needs to rotate in increments of 2 holes.

It still serves me if I go thru the drive thru. Let a guy forget one minor detail and he can't live it down, if I could remember which detail it would be wonderful.

It still serves me if I go thru the drive thru. Let a guy forget one minor detail and he can't live it down, if I could remember which detail it would be wonderful.

Dang it, you’re too quick!
I shifted it to a PM but you already responded. ;)

Need to use the supplied hardware or welded......................
Understand why now... looks like I'll be getting another set from you if I can't bend em back to line up properly

I added a TRD shifter knob to the 200 and towed with it for the first time. Found this Opus Air on craigslist and made a 5 hour RT drive to pick it up. I love the way my ICON springs feel in the rear when unloaded so now I'm tempted to add some airbags when towing. One thing to mention is that in the pic the 200 also has the interior fully loaded with a bunch of gear I also bought from the guy selling the trailer...probly 400lbs in the back of the 200.

IMG_0655.JPG

IMG_0656.JPG

IMG_0687.JPG

I added a TRD shifter knob to the 200 and towed with it for the first time. Found this Opus Air on craigslist and made a 5 hour RT drive to pick it up. I love the way my ICON springs feel in the rear when unloaded so now I'm tempted to add some airbags when towing. One thing to mention is that in the pic the 200 also has the interior fully loaded with a bunch of gear I also bought from the guy selling the trailer...probly 400lbs in the back of the 200.

View attachment 2151999
View attachment 2152000

View attachment 2152001
Time for some heavier springs or a weight distributing hitch!

Yeah, the ICON springs are way too soft. I swapped to OME heavy after a few months. If I were to upgrade springs today, I'd look at the Ironman offerings. Pretty good array of spring choices for the 200...

Re the TRD knob, I bought one and returned it. The plastic had unfinished edges that didn't feel 'Land Cruiser'. Especially not for $85! I went with whatever the $35 generic wood version was to replace my chipped OEM wood knob.

Gave my truck a bath, installed the 3dprinted replacement center console cup holder from @bhicks, punched a couple holes in my front license plate and got it installed, and messed around with a few of the FrontRunner accessories - only to find out the truck would not fit in the garage with the side mount bracket on it. Not a huge issue, I'll add the traction board mount to the list of stuff @TRAIL TAILOR needs to include on my new rear bumper :cool:.

Honestly, the more I play around and use this roof rack, the more I miss the Gobi off my 4Runner.

IMG_4198.jpg

Gave my truck a bath, installed the 3dprinted replacement center console cup holder from @bhicks, punched a couple holes in my front license plate and got it installed, and messed around with a few of the FrontRunner accessories - only to find out the truck would not fit in the garage with the side mount bracket on it. Not a huge issue, I'll add the traction board mount to the list of stuff @TRAIL TAILOR needs to include on my new rear bumper :cool:.

Honestly, the more I play around and use this roof rack, the more I miss the Gobi off my 4Runner.

View attachment 2152293

NOTED!

Did the 80/20 mod to my factory roof rack. Love the endless attachment possibilities yet still with an OEM look to the masses.

IMG_1480.jpeg
IMG_1481.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom