200 Series and Tundra wheels on 100 series photo thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just tried on 20" from 08 Tundra. Caps don't work on front but it all mounted . Upcoming long highway trip hopefully will give a better mpg than my daily KO2.

20191115_141354.jpg

20191115_141359.jpg

Tundra 18" normal wheels using Land Cruiser center caps that came on the 18" wheels from 2003 onwards to clear front hubs. 275/65/18 tires
3acefaee-7d7e-4796-a1d3-56c0f2660968_zps775e16e4.jpg

Tundra 18" TRD wheels using center caps from 16" Land Cruiser wheels from 98-02 to clear front hubs. 285/65/18 tires

FullSizeRender_zps70d36e3e.jpg

In this post he talks about using center caps from two different runs of LC to clear the grease cap. I have these tundra wheels:

tundra_2014_sr5_rim_lg.jpg

Will any of the stock LC center caps clear the grease cap on my '06 or will I still need to beat the grease cap? Do the earlier center caps or later center caps have more clearance? I don't mind trimming the center cap but would like to avoid flattening the grease cap if possible.

I think I read through the whole thread and didn't get a straight answer. I may have missed it though.

In this post he talks about using center caps from two different runs of LC to clear the grease cap. I have these tundra wheels:

View attachment 2147342

Will any of the stock LC center caps clear the grease cap on my '06 or will I still need to beat the grease cap? Do the earlier center caps or later center caps have more clearance? I don't mind trimming the center cap but would like to avoid flattening the grease cap if possible.

I think I read through the whole thread and didn't get a straight answer. I may have missed it though.

I have these tundra wheels on my rig; as you are aware, some people smash the dust cap flat to fit the tundra caps.. I preferred to order some spacers to fix this and also get a better stance.

IMG_20191215_082811.jpg

I joined the club. Brand new 275 70 R18 Bridgestone A/T Revo 3's on 18" Tundra rims. Finally!

Briefly thought about mounting KO2's until Firestone service guy said they were garbage. I'm happy I stuck with the Revo's. This will be my 4th set of Revo's. Went through three sets on my 100.

Has anyone ordered these? Seems much easier than hunting for OEM Steelies but also know Toyota quality is unmatched generally.

I tried to search but couldn’t find anything, sorry if this has been covered.

I picked mine up on Partsgeek. They're out of stock more than they aren't, but their price is nice. I've had them on two different trucks I wheel pretty hard with zero issues.

Jim

I had steelies on an FJ cruiser and honestly it just added weight and made it feel slower. Tundra wheels are so inexpensive on craigs and offer up that I don’t think it’s worth spending on new steelies if the true purpose is off road and snow.

View attachment 2147342

Sorry if I’m late to the party on this reply. I managed to get the original caps on (from a 2000). I had to take off the ring that supports the edges from the inside out and bend one of edges inward. This let it fit in after smashing it a few times. They don’t look perfectly flush with the wheel but it does cover. I run winter tires on these.

On the other hand, I have the wheels on the top picture also (earlier model 5 spoke) and the original caps (from the 2000) fit much better. I also ordered the later caps from the 03+ and those look like they belong there without the old school cap from the 90’s.

56DA3CBF-004E-4A8C-9E36-63154CC283F3.png

Finding that I am liking the Premium/TRD Tundra wheels that have been powder coated with a different color...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom