Official For Sale/Trade/WTB/Free Thread (8 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well a Jim C (TLC Performance) rebuild is about a two year wait and well worth every penny it costs. My 40 has a Jim C hi-po rebuild that was done in 2006 and it runs great. For the price of that truck my opinion is it's a really decent deal, lotsa good stuff done and the ad says it's a basically turn key truck waiting for rust repair (or just drive it).

Well a Jim C (TLC Performance) rebuild is about a two year wait and well worth every penny it costs. My 40 has a Jim C hi-po rebuild that was done in 2006 and it runs great. For the price of that truck my opinion is it's a really decent deal, lotsa good stuff done and the ad says it's a basically turn key truck waiting for rust repair (or just drive it).
It’s a 2 year wait for his carbs? Damn.

To be honest I didn't read the description and I was just being a smart ass! haha. It does have a lot of work (probably wasn't the best base unit to start restoring in my honest opinion). I personally hate when someone does an engine rebuild/swap and doesn't clean up everything. I guess it doesn't change the function, but man just clean it up!

Sidenote: I've been thinking about thinning the heard. I'd have to see what I have in my FJ40 that I shipped back from California, but I would be super fair and not try to make a penny if I sold it to someone I knew. With that being said I think I have around $12k in it so when the time comes......if it comes... I will let everyone know.

Rehabilitating the rear OEM bumper on my trusty rusty 2002 LX. Hoping someone has some parts laying around from a cool bumper install that they want to sell.

Looking for the bumper cover reinforcement 52309-60010, and Lower Reinforcement, 52171-60010, and the side brackets. (Parts 4, 5, and 2 below)

Thanks!

bumper.jpg

Anyone looking for some 17x9 aluminum rims? My Pro Comp beadlocks came in, so I am going to have a set for sale soon. 3/5 are in very good to excellent shape and 2 have various levels of cosmetic damage. They are structurally 10/10 just a bit of rock rash on the outer edge. One is cosmetically a 7/10 and the other a 5/10.

What is the backspacing? Tim M may be looking for a set.

Gone to a good home! I was starting to get attached to driving this tank around town. I don't have a lot of Chevy knowledge, but it seemed pretty easy to work on.

Anybody interested in a cheap tow rig? I picked this up cheap and did a ton of work this past week; long story, but a contract fell through and now I have time to go to Georgia and grab my truck. I'll figure out what I have in it as far as parts go and let you all know what the price is. I paid $2k for it and dumped a bit, not looking to make any money if anyone here wants it. I prob have somewhere around $2600 in it. Runs and drives great. I think I have all the leaks/issues resolved, but will drive it more this week and make sure.

This week:

new starter, radiator and upper and lower radiator hoses, oil cooler lines, temp sensor, door lock motors, door jamb switches, new key fob for door locks and back glass, heater control valve and heater hoses, battery, new BFG KO2 tires. I replaced one door lock motor and have two more for the back. I also replaced a door handle and some trim. I also replaced the driver seat lower leather. It came with the KO2's, new calipers and rotors installed up front. Has new drums in still in the box for the back. Transmission fluid is brand new and I was told the filter was changed.

Known issues:

A/C doesn't work
Might have a tiny oil leak from timing cover, but is an easy fix. Hell I'll come to a tech day and fix it with you if anyone buys it.

Best of all, ZERO RUST and close to $1000 in tires.

IMG_20191207_142721.jpg
IMG_20191207_142435.jpg
IMG_20191207_142820.jpg
IMG_20191207_142616.jpg
IMG_20191207_142607.jpg

Last edited:
It looks REALLY clean. If my father in law didn’t just get something else he would’ve been all over this

It looks REALLY clean. If my father in law didn’t just get something else he would’ve been all over this

It needs a good shampooing, but I agree it's in great shape. When I went to look at it I figured it would be a rust bucket, but was pleasantly surprised.

Man, I've been wanting one of these for a while too

I posted it online for $3400 and have several people that want to see it. At $2600 it is a steal. I'm basically giving away 10 hours of my time and most of the risk, but like I said I have other vehicles in Georgia that can accomplish the same thing.

Only unknowns are AC, but it could be as simple as a top off and o-rings. Even if it's a compressor they are cheap on these ($130 on rockauto for a cheap version). I just drove it all morning and the oil hasn't even left a drop on the ground so it must be pretty minor; when I got it, it was leaking like crazy from the oil cooler pipes.... it was a total mess, but all done now.

My plan was to drive it as is for the winter to make sure I didn't find any other surprises, then if all was well mess with the AC later in the Spring.

man that thing brings back memories since it’s so clean, spent a lot of my youth carted around by multiple friends’ moms in those when they were new/new-ish in the mid to late 90s

Last edited:
It needs a good shampooing, but I agree it's in great shape. When I went to look at it I figured it would be a rust bucket, but was pleasantly surprised.

I posted it online for $3400 and have several people that want to see it. At $2600 it is a steal. I'm basically giving away 10 hours of my time and most of the risk, but like I said I have other vehicles in Georgia that can accomplish the same thing.

Only unknowns are AC, but it could be as simple as a top off and o-rings. Even if it's a compressor they are cheap on these ($130 on rockauto for a cheap version). I just drove it all morning and the oil hasn't even left a drop on the ground so it must be pretty minor; when I got it, it was leaking like crazy from the oil cooler pipes.... it was a total mess, but all done now.

My plan was to drive it as is for the winter to make sure I didn't find any other surprises, then if all was well mess with the AC later in the Spring.
Those model suburbans are beasts. we had a 97 same drivetrain and it went 300K. The AC in them is famous for leaking refrigerant at the rear condenser that is behind the right rear wheel in the hump that extends inside to the rear door. If that is it it is a simple fix. Pressure test it beofre you buy parts and coolant since the AC system holds 4 lbs of 134a.

Those model suburbans are beasts. we had a 97 same drivetrain and it went 300K. The AC in them is famous for leaking refrigerant at the rear condenser that is behind the right rear wheel in the hump that extends inside to the rear door. If that is it it is a simple fix. Pressure test it beofre you buy parts and coolant since the AC system holds 4 lbs of 134a.
A mudder is checking it out tomorrow for a winter beater mobile. Also, thanks for the heads up!

A mudder is checking it out tomorrow for a winter beater mobile. Also, thanks for the heads up!
Beater.... hell I would DD that all day everyday. My wife has a 11 that has a light lift and a new engine that we will probably hold onto for years.

suburban.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom