Ga. Cruisers Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I haven't been to Nimblewill area in a few years, but it used to be just low-maintained FS roads - rough enough to feel like you're having fun in the wilderness but not bending anything, unless you try to. I used to be on it in a 60 with stock suspension, 29s, all open, and at least one shock with no oil left in it - no problems. Unless a monsoon comes through. Look for the marker about a plane crash in the 60's, and if the road to the old Frosty Mtn firetower is open, that WILL be even more fun, but still very doable.

I'm in a similar boat, @afgman786. I'll be in my 60-series with a buddy in a JK, both of us are open/open on 33s.

What say you, GA fellas?

RJ you do know who your talking too??? I don't baby my stuff! I use it. Planning on flat towing it behind this.
Now get back in your cubicle. lol

20190621_180443.jpg

The boss is coming! Look busy.
20190615_221723.jpg

I know you don't baby your stuff, not at all. I was referring to the Gladiator in general. All Jeeps are going to run (if they'll start) and hide when they see you pull in the dealer's lot - a Gladiator in your hands won't make it one week.

What your guys take on Durhamtown Offroad Park? Would it be worth it to go out there, or Nimblewill area and camp/hike as well?

What your guys take on Durhamtown Offroad Park? Would it be worth it to go out there, or Nimblewill area and camp/hike as well?

not been in a couple years but it's ok, compared to Nimblewill (which is only FS roads) its far more challenging so you can have fun. Slippery nipple is the challenging trail and virtually everything else is muddy.

have pics from past rides here:

not been in a couple years but it's ok, compared to Nimblewill (which is only FS roads) its far more challenging so you can have fun. Slippery nipple is the challenging trail and virtually everything else is muddy.

have pics from past rides here:

Thanks for the insight!

Does anyone have or know someone that has a truck and trailer combo that I could rent/borrow to tow my 80 down to ACC Garage? I live in Lilburn, but the 80 is in Chamblee right now. I'm also happy to pay for fuel and lunch if they don't want to rent their truck out to a stranger (totally understandable).

Does anyone have or know someone that has a truck and trailer combo that I could rent/borrow to tow my 80 down to ACC Garage? I live in Lilburn, but the 80 is in Chamblee right now. I'm also happy to pay for fuel and lunch if they don't want to rent their truck out to a stranger (totally understandable).

You can rent a trailer from this guy...

Located: 2900 Cole Ct Suite A Norcross Ga 30071
Business Hours:
Mon-Fri 8am-5:00pm Saturdays 8am-2pm
CLOSED Sundays
Tel. (404) 441-1696
email us: INFO@SKYLINE RENTALS.NET

Iv'e used him before and been very satisified. It is about 10 mins from my place, I can pick up the trailer and meet you in Chamblee this Saturday.

I'll send you a PM with my phone number.

Anyone doing any wheeling this weekend or Thanksgiving week? The fam and I are likely going to head north to either Chattanooga or Asheville and do some wheeling/camping along the way and on the way back. We’ve been going to the Clayton Area a lot lately but open to new things. We’ve done the area around Tallulah River (Hightower, Popcorn trail, etc) but open to new rides. Really want to try Flatland Rd in Suches if anyone’s game.

thumb_ohhell-yes-memegenerator-net-oh-hell-yes-samuel-jack-pulp-53079820.png

Love it! Even got the rare expedition white! Congrats!

Do yal have a reputable diesel mechanic you'd recommend? Got a 40 in gwinnett county that want to get checked by a diesel mechanic. Cousin just purchased it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom