Builds Hercules- 65 HDT-45 LWB (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

How about voodoo blue. It is a Toyota color after all. ;)

57833905054__C25F561E-5AFB-4F04-84DC-4BB8B2631333.JPG

For this era, Capri or sky blue, Seminole red, beige, spring green, white maybe? I think a couple got the rare soft yellow too. @whitey45 @ClemsonCruiser

@treerootCO has a lot of color code history info.

Here‘s some info, not sure who’s probably from Wheat Ridge😃. I thought I had something that said seminole red went back to early 60’s but I can’t find it right now.
D8B252B4-2ED9-44DA-90F2-C8AC80A5BAD4.jpeg
342CDCF9-17BD-4483-9F89-2447D5CCF781.jpeg

Last edited:
Here it is. Yes, there are conflicts in the info.
IMG_0488.JPG

It's obvious, isn't it?

Rose Mist Metallic :wtf:

Looks like you’re on the losing team there Michael! 🤣🤣

Nope not in the least! I have my blue 45!!! If yours isn't blue then you're on the losing team my friend. :cool:

Looks like you have all the bases covered with rig as is Including patina. I think you’re good to go!

Funny you say that. Was thinking the same thing!!!:rofl:

.........If yours isn't blue then you're on the losing team my friend. :cool:

Blue - Bleu de France (Blue of France) was the traditional color of the french Formula 1 racing teams used to represent France.
Italian teams used Red like Ferrari , Alfa Romeo.
German racing cars first white then silver (it´s an interesting story the change from white to silver) ...try it to find out ;)
..forgot the Britain color... british racing green.

If you own a Bugatti................................................................................. Blue is The Color, Sir.
image.jpg

..... if you own a japanes car.... maybe the color of rice is the best.
No matter what the color was after leaving the factory a Land Cruiser (45 month later )the color was rusty brown anyway.haha

Last edited:
So in a turn of events, @samc2447 shared a pic of his friends 45. The fam was unanimous with ooohs and aaaahs. No outliers. Cadet Blue. Knowing this truck has the best of multiple years, we didn’t mind if it as period correct. It is OEM.

Cadet Blue

5909F3E1-FE03-4244-A3F9-0488C682067A.jpeg

858713E3-A311-4B09-B11A-68B360A31AF7.jpeg

E585EBE2-B196-4B1E-B3AC-560A67303AD4.jpeg

E3796440-1CDD-4B95-9892-18B2DD758456.jpeg

672A9B99-4F5A-452A-BC43-2B609FFC8B43.jpeg

Cadet blue for the win.

Blue - Bleu de France (Blue of France) was the traditional color of the french Formula 1 racing teams used to represent France.
Italian teams used Red like Ferrari , Alfa Romeo.
German racing cars first white then silver (it´s an interesting story the change from white to silver) ...try it to find out ;)
..forgot the Britain color... british racing green.

If you own a Bugatti................................................................................. Blue is The Color, Sir.
image.jpg

..... if you own a japanes car.... maybe the color of rice is the best.
No matter what the color was after leaving the factory a Land Cruiser (45 month later )the color was rusty brown anyway.haha
A Type 35 in motion ......

enough education for today ;)

OK, full hijack. My most favorite car sound ever. Not my old '65 GT350R fake, but I remember having to get on the brakes to slow down enough to merge onto freeway traffic!

CD, what do you think the body needs to get it ready for paint? Besides looking like a patchwork quilt , it looks really straight.

Leaving it like it is would look cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom