80 Series Accessory Mount Kits - Ditch Lights, CB Antennas, Ham Antennas (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

reznunt

Massive Metal Shop
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
massivemetalshop.com
Hey guys,

Check out the new 80 series Accessory Mount Kit I'm working on. Most of the pics below are of the 100 series kit which is in stock and currently shipping. Like the 100 series kit, the completely bolt-on 80 series kit will attach to the factory hood brackets and have all of the same features. The high level of adjustability from the slotted bracketry and the fully rotational design will accommodate nearly any equipment setup and allow for fine tuning. Install ditch lights, dual ditch lights, CB antennas, ham radio antennas, etc., all with one high quality modular mount! Full 304 stainless steel, full stainless hardware kit, shipped in raw finish. Pricing varies... order as much or as little kit as you need. The kits are now in production!

***Now accepting preorders! Expected ship date is 07/01***
Scroll down for more pics!

massivemetalshop.com

.png

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Last edited:
Do these mount to the hood or the fender? It seems like they could mount either way, but the pic with the hood open shows it lifting up and I think that might cause my antennas to hit my snorkel and restrict the hood opening on my FZJ80. Oh and nice job these look stout af and exactly what I am looking for to replace my current bumpkin made antenna mounts

Do these mount to the hood or the fender? It seems like they could mount either way, but the pic with the hood open shows it lifting up and I think that might cause my antennas to hit my snorkel and restrict the hood opening on my FZJ80. Oh and nice job these look stout af and exactly what I am looking for to replace my current bumpkin made antenna mounts

These bolt to the hood brackets. Most of the guys with a snorkel will run an antenna on the driver's side. We test fitted on an 80 without a snorkel, but with the hood open there was 7" of clearance between the antenna and the A-pillar at the closest point. Looks like it will clear a snorkel but I can't confirm that just yet. If you have a larger sized inlet at the top then an antenna may touch it with the hood open. If so, a spring CB base or a flexible whip should flex just slightly without issue.

Last edited:
That looks really clean and simple I like it. I am running antennas on both sides of the hood, being a ham operator I have acquired a bit of an antenna fetish. I think these will work perfectly for my rig. Thanks for the info and extra pics!

Thanks!!

The kits are now available for preorder on the site! Should be shipping by the end of the month. If you are really interested in picking up a kit then I suggest you place a preorder. My batch sizes are small and I seem to have a lot of interest in this kit.

Forgot to update this thread... These have been shipping Since early July and I still have some sets in stock! Check out the web site for more info or to place your order!

Just mounted a set of these up with some Baja Design Squadrons.... they fit nicely and are well fabricated. Thanks !
Ditch lights # 2.jpg
Ditch lights.jpg

I ended up swapping out the Squadrons to the rear and putting the S2's on the hood - love how the bracket was designed with a small for the needed zip tie ..... very happy.

Looks awesome! Really glad you like the kit. I love the S2's on the front. Now I think I may swap out my Squadron Sports for S2 Pros at some point.

BTW the button allen screws are a nice touch!

BTW - followup on these mounts...... ran down to Big Bend earlier this week and put a ton of miles on in the dark..... the S2 Pro's ( work / diffused) at a 30 degree angle to the hood along with the LP's gave a full 180 plus spread out 250 feet plus to the sides and 1 - 1 1/2 Miles punch in the front.... but best of all the Massive mounts proved to be rock solid with no vibration showing.... it might show a bit more with a Spot beam but they're far more solid then expected. Bump for a great new product solution.

BTW you do want to put the antennae down,
IMG_20200117_152552049_HDR.jpg
as it's crazy how much light reflected off it until I did.... ( I've swapped to a manual ant. so it actually will go down...)

hope to get some pics on a local road to share and add to this - of the lights in action..

Cheers

E

Mine have been installed for a while but I just got a picture of them mounted. I opted to color match them. Very solid mounts.

30F21B55-BB94-42F0-B81C-A8C915C313EC.jpeg

BTW - followup on these mounts...... ran down to Big Bend earlier this week and put a ton of miles on in the dark..... the S2 Pro's ( work / diffused) at a 30 degree angle to the hood along with the LP's gave a full 180 plus spread out 250 feet plus to the sides and 1 - 1 1/2 Miles punch in the front.... but best of all the Massive mounts proved to be rock solid with no vibration showing.... it might show a bit more with a Spot beam but they're far more solid then expected. Bump for a great new product solution.

BTW you do want to put the antennae down, View attachment 2186072 as it's crazy how much light reflected off it until I did.... ( I've swapped to a manual ant. so it actually will go down...)

hope to get some pics on a local road to share and add to this - of the lights in action..

Cheers

E

Awesome! Thanks for reporting back. I think I like those S2's on the mounts better than the Squadrons that I went with. The S2's look so much sleeker with that low profile. Glad you like em!

Nice mounts. Will look into these for the ham antenna. Would like to see a couple pics with the hood open to see clearance. Thanks

Looks like they are closed due to covid. Any word on why you will be back up and running?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom