Fluid Film application in the Phila area (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
From the little bit of research I've done, Fluid Film looks to be a pretty good product. I'm in the Philadelphia area so I'd like to have some rust preventative applied to my new 200. Are there any specific shops in the Phila/Delaware are that apply Fluid Film? Probably not something I want to try myself without a lift . . .

Sending you a PM.

Fluid Film is the best! It’s cheap insurance against road salt. Good luck, if you were local I’d get you sorted out!

I just DIY'd mine last weekend. Very easy if you have a decent air compressor, takes an hour or so. Good idea to couple it with a tire rotation, brake job, or an oil change since its the same basic process.

Just buy the spray cans and apply it yourself, its really not rocket science.

The spray can application method results in a much less durable application. Using a compressor and a spray gun makes the job easier and better. The spray cans are for very small jobs or touch ups. On the east coast, you want as much help as you can get against the salt.

No wrong way, there’s a better way though. I think the air compressor lays it on way thicker and into more nooks and crannies than the aerosol method. Also, it’s cheaper in bulk vs the aerosol cans. I have some extended tips and a 360* wand tip for going over the front fenders and a couple other spots. I buy it by the 5 gallon pail and I am thinking of stepping up to the 55 gal drum for next season. I spray quite a few Toyota 4X4’s yearly as Fluid Film is my side hustle.
Again, any fluid Film is better than none at all but shooting it with an air compressor is really effective.
Regardless, Fluid Film saves vehicles, I’ll never not spray a vehicle I own for the rest of my life.

Just took my new 200 down to Jon Z. for the initial Fluid Film application. Kudos to Jon for a job well done, thorough and reasonably priced. Highly recommended!

Bonus was seeing his next customer pull up — a brand spanking new Heritage. Chapeau!

624D1AC4-8FD9-4E95-8A1E-7161BC65A62F.jpeg

2305AC7D-51C1-447B-B26A-4B92295BED4C.jpeg

B94025EE-4A40-4A7D-A78C-EEE9DD184664.jpeg

8C0126AF-26A0-4848-A4FA-61EF71A661A6.jpeg

ABDCB5B8-F6D0-4260-8ABD-C64F13EC305F.jpeg

Just took my new 200 down to Jon Z. for the initial Fluid Film application. Kudos to Jon for a job well done, thorough and reasonably priced. Highly recommended!

Bonus was seeing his next customer pull up — a brand spanking new Heritage. Chapeau!

I’m going to add to the praise for Jon Z. He did a very thorough job on my new 200. Really glad I took him up on his offer to help. Great to meet both Jon and another Mud member, Audiophilitis.
4C1FA688-F826-460F-B4C4-14C5C048A951.jpeg

Just buy the spray cans and apply it yourself, its really not rocket science.

This is true. Pretty easy to shoot with a ‘gun’ handle attachment. The cans have a more direct stream that gets into fittings, like brake fittings, better. The big compressor atomizes air more so there is more drift.

It appears FF is gone, replaced by ’ Woolwax’ by the same company. My son bought a case today. It’s browner, the cans have a different logo but it smells the same... wet dog.

Does anyone know how long the fluid film stench lasts? applied last Saturday and the odor has not let up - it’s literally intoxicating
When I did mine, the smell went away in a week. BTW - applied in Nov. VDOT applied a ton of salt on roads last week. Put a lawn sprinkler underneath to get salt off - it was 65 degrees out ;) The areas that had Fluid Film applied beaded up nicely and looked great. Great repellent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom