Cooling issues with CSF 2517 - what temp does your rig's A/C shut off? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just Mcmaster Carr specials =)
you meant the gap between the cross bar in front of the radiator to the ac condensor?

Inked6ADSvQX_LI.jpg

yeah, that gap is sealed, spent alot of time sealing up the gap between the radiator and the front core support as well as modifying the shroud for a good seal, the fit and finish on the RD radiator is top notch.
Have you had a chance to put the R.D. Radiator to the test yet.?

Have you had a chance to put the R.D. Radiator to the test yet.?
i have not taken the rig out on trails yet, however, i have taken it out on highway with AC on, the temp stays @ 188 and never past 190. My CSF will be over 200 already on highway cruising with AC on. Granted the weather is a tad bid cooler....hopefully might get to wheel this weekend and report back.

Just reporting back after installing all alum. radiator (Ron Davis) vs CSF 2517 previously. City driving with AC is right at 187 F, highway w/ AC is between 185-188 F, hill climb with ac is around 190-195 F depends on duration of the climb, but it quickly drops back to 187 ish.....With my old CSF, i would be seeing temp @ 195 F in traffic and 207 F on highway with AC and 210 plus on hills. Both with same 15k mod fan clutch....
The alum. radiator does wonders and AC is blowing much cooler as well.

I went on the Ron davis website and didn't see a land cruiser radiator (except for a 40 series). What part number?
I had to put in a call or fill in a product request form with your vehicle info. and they got back to me with a part number and price

Just reporting back after installing all alum. radiator (Ron Davis)...
The alum. radiator does wonders and AC is blowing much cooler as well.

Well, that's interesting - a secondary performance benefit - I wonder why?
The only explanation that occurs to me - lower airflow resistance fin / tube design, giving higher airflow for the same fan speed, helping the A/C condenser performance?

Well, that's interesting - a secondary performance benefit - I wonder why?
The only explanation that occurs to me - lower airflow resistance fin / tube design, giving higher airflow for the same fan speed, helping the A/C condenser performance?
Heat soak and unable to shed heat especially in slow wheeling situation

Some years ago I went from a copper and brass radiator to an all aluminum radiator and had the same results.
The Jeep operated cooler and stayed cooler even with the A/C on out in the Anza Borrego Desert.

Heat soak and unable to shed heat especially in slow wheeling situation

I don't think that's it, because you said A/C was blowing cooler with the new RD radiator. I was only commenting about that.
The A/C condenser is first in line for fresh air, so it doesn't care how hot the coolant is.
Assuming you were still below the A/C cutoff coolant temperature, but that's an actual cutoff.
A/C gets disabled for a while, until coolant drops 10 more degrees, below the turn-on temp.
Well, in that case, your A/C does blow warmer (way warmer). But you'd call it NOT WORKING DAMMIT!

I’d like to resurrect this thread to ask about TYC vs. Koyorad on Amazon. The TYC 1918 seems to have quite a few bad reviews, with some reviewers indicating they hoped they’d receive the Koyorad version instead of the TYC version (implying some TYC shipments included the Koyorad labeled version instead of the TYC). I’m seeing an over $120 price difference between the TYC 1918 and the Koyorad A1918, and I’m wondering if it’s worth the price difference, considering the better reviews (though smaller sample size- read through the reviews instead of just looking at the rating) for the Koyorad. I’m wondering if they’re identical parts, but maybe better quality control on the Koyorad?

TYC 1918:TYC 1918 Toyota/Lexus 2-Row Plastic Aluminum Replacement Radiator Amazon product ASIN B0020M8T4K
Koyorad A1918:Koyorad A1918 Radiator Amazon product ASIN B00PW2QJS8

Suggestion: Depreciate what you read on Amazon, pay more attention to technically attentive southwest low desert performance reports here on the Mud.
And use your purchasing dollars to help maintain a healthy diverse economy rather than growing a monopoly.
There are plenty of other great places to buy things, the TYC 1918 radiator, in particular.

Go this route. My rig never gets over 190 in the west texas heat.
I'm curious as well. I eventually gave up on the idea of the csf because the reviews are literally 50/50. I went with this instead and it has been phenomenal so far.

Free Shipping. RADIATOR 1917

I think for $220 for a radiator, $70 for a water pump, $100 for new fan clutch and $10 for 20k clutch oil it makes sense to replace it all and be done. Throw in a thermostat too.

Suggestion: Depreciate what you read on Amazon, pay more attention to technically attentive southwest low desert performance reports here on the Mud.
And use your purchasing dollars to help maintain a healthy diverse economy rather than growing a monopoly.
There are plenty of other great places to buy things, the TYC 1918 radiator, in particular.

I’m just as concerned with the longevity of the radiator as the cooling capacity. Where are the reports of TYCs lasting the same 10+ years as the OEM? Perhaps the TYC part hasn’t been around that long. Well then at least 5yrs? Also interested to hear about your recommended “other places” to buy the TYC.

Go this route. My rig never gets over 190 in the west texas heat.

Who manufactures the 1917? And do you know how the 1917 differs from the TYC/Koyorad 1918?

I’d like to resurrect this thread to ask about TYC vs. Koyorad on Amazon. The TYC 1918 seems to have quite a few bad reviews, with some reviewers indicating they hoped they’d receive the Koyorad version instead of the TYC version (implying some TYC shipments included the Koyorad labeled version instead of the TYC). I’m seeing an over $120 price difference between the TYC 1918 and the Koyorad A1918, and I’m wondering if it’s worth the price difference, considering the better reviews (though smaller sample size- read through the reviews instead of just looking at the rating) for the Koyorad. I’m wondering if they’re identical parts, but maybe better quality control on the Koyorad?

TYC 1918:TYC 1918 Toyota/Lexus 2-Row Plastic Aluminum Replacement Radiator Amazon product ASIN B0020M8T4K
Koyorad A1918:Koyorad A1918 Radiator Amazon product ASIN B00PW2QJS8

we put a Koyo in our 80 shortly after we got it - worked really well for a few years while the truck lived in Louisiana

we drive it over to Arizona in February, works well for a few months out in Arizona - come June, the truck starts heating up to where the AC cuts out - so, apparently, we got problems

tackled fan clutch, hoses, and everything else you can think of - it all resolved when we put in the TYC radiator - case closed :meh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom