Looking like a thief at my surf break (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.highlineoutdoor.com
Could use a hand troubleshooting here. Let me give the back story. When I go surfing, I take valley key and clip into my boardshorts. After getting back to my rig, I use the key in the driver side door to unlock and the alarm goes off. The same issue is happening w. master keys as well. Is there a sequence or way to unlock vehicle without setting off the alarm? My setup is an 06 lx

Try twisting (unlocking direction) the valet key in the lock cylinder multiple time. Sounds like the lock/alarm sensor (whatever its called) isn't fully disengaging. I've had some issues when we unlock using the remote that you hear it unlock, pull handle and alarm sounds. But, if we hit the unlock remote more than once, no issues. I know that is partly because of a weak actuator motor.

Just a side note on those hitch safes, I considered carrying them in our store but reviews indicated a possibility that the lock or spring would fail and your keys would be stuck in the safe so I decided against it. About 1 in 10 reviews are negative, so just making that known.

Try twisting (unlocking direction) the valet key in the lock cylinder multiple time. Sounds like the lock/alarm sensor (whatever its called) isn't fully disengaging. I've had some issues when we unlock using the remote that you hear it unlock, pull handle and alarm sounds. But, if we hit the unlock remote more than once, no issues. I know that is partly because of a weak actuator motor.
Thank you Dwight, will give it a few twists this evening

Just a side note on those hitch safes, I considered carrying them in our store but reviews indicated a possibility that the lock or spring would fail and your keys would be stuck in the safe so I decided against it. About 1 in 10 reviews are negative, so just making that known.
Hey Cloudcity, that would be pretty bad, not only for the keys, but the use of the hitch

If you can figure out why unlocking and opening just the drivers door = alarm goes off, I would be so glad

I have been searching for this answer to no avail for a year and a half.

I have already replaced the entire door actuator and the door lock sensor. I am trying to get myself the ambition to replace the wiring harness in the door.

If you turn the key twice to unlock all the doors, does it still make the alarm go off?

For what its worth, every car I have owned has the alarm go off when I use a key to open the door instead of the FOB when I used the FOB to lock it. My suggestion to you is to try to lock it without the fob, and then unlock it with the key.

Not sure if this idea helps, but on my Subaru, you can lock the doors without arming the alarm.

With the car turned off and sitting in the car:
1) From inside the car, lock all the doors using the lock button on the drivers side armrest.
2) Manually unlock the drivers door with the manual lock switch.
3) Get out and then lock the door with the same manual switch.

On Subaru's, but not using the remote and manually locking/unlocking the door will prevent the alarm from even being armed.

Worth a try... worst case your alarm goes off! HA

Reading through the manual because I am bored it says
Activating the system The alarm sounds for 60 seconds if any of the following are operated: Unlocking any door without using an ignition key or wireless remote control. Opening the hood and any doors forcibly. Reconnecting the battery. If any door is unlocked and the ignition key is not in the ignition switch during the alarm sounding, its door is automatically locked. To stop the alarm: Use either of the following methods. Unlock the door using an ignition key or wireless remote control. Start the engine, and the alarm stops after 2 seconds.

So it seems your ignition key should not activate the alarm, but I would still try it manually locking the door with your key and then opening.

I manually lock all the doors from either the drivers or passenger side door with auto lock button, then close the door. I then use the valet key in the rear hatch after surfing to unlock everything. I believe when you unlock the rear hatch with a key it turns off the alarm. I use a realtor lockbox that I got from Home Depot to store my key when I'm in the water.

I found this in a 2013 thread ....You need to hook the truck up to techstream and turn off the automatic arming feature. Requires a trip to your dealer.

For what its worth, every car I have owned has the alarm go off when I use a key to open the door instead of the FOB when I used the FOB to lock it. My suggestion to you is to try to lock it without the fob, and then unlock it with the key.

This seems quite possible.

I would also probably just throw my key fob in the driver's door pocket to that I could deactivate the alarm after a beep or two.

I found this in a 2013 thread ....You need to hook the truck up to techstream and turn off the automatic arming feature. Requires a trip to your dealer.

How do you activate the alarm if you turn this feature on? Do you just double tap the lock button?

Last edited:
Got a link to the realtor lockbox you can share @Newps?

I don’t know you, but this thread title makes me want your lifestyle.

I love my kids and wife and job, but damn, I’d love to have this problem.

All he said is that he goes surfing. If you can't find time for a hobby like surfing, then it's not your priority or you're being smothered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom