Pretty quiet in here... what are you working on? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

E2C05CB6-61DF-4550-982F-03D81CFB6905.jpeg
AFACC779-2D30-4900-A656-988CC8AED140.jpeg

I replaced a glow plug module (hell) on my e70 x5d yesterday , and took a little trip to Reddish and Flagpole Knob on Monday.

Just exploring the world of Instagram. Started my build story and will be adding little by little as I locate photos taken of my journey from then until now. If you're interested: m_i_adventures

Oh, also sill throwing parts at a speed pulsation (not a vibration or wobble).
So far have replaced: Wheels and Tires (balanced checked twice now), Steering Stabilizer, Front Shocks.
About to Try: Replacing front sway bar rubbers, rebuild parking brake (hear they can get sloppy), rebalance at a different shop, re-align front end.

Wish me luck......:bang:

Just exploring the world of Instagram. Started my build story and will be adding little by little as I locate photos taken of my journey from then until now. If you're interested: m_i_adventures

Oh, also sill throwing parts at a speed pulsation (not a vibration or wobble).
So far have replaced: Wheels and Tires (balanced checked twice now), Steering Stabilizer, Front Shocks.
About to Try: Replacing front sway bar rubbers, rebuild parking brake (hear they can get sloppy), rebalance at a different shop, re-align front end.

Wish me luck......:bang:

What is it doing?

I had to do the high pressure fuel pump on my F25 a few months ago. I hate working on newer BMW, especially if the intake manifold has to come off.
I feel your pain. I couldn’t even get the intake completely off, that’s why it’s propped up in the picture. There’s one of those impossible to remove BMW electrical connectors on the rear of the intake that I can barely see. I gave up before I broke it and decided the intake didn’t actually have to come off for this job 🤣

I feel your pain. I couldn’t even get the intake completely off, that’s why it’s propped up in the picture. There’s one of those impossible to remove BMW electrical connectors on the rear of the intake that I can barely see. I gave up before I broke it and decided the intake didn’t actually have to come off for this job 🤣
I cracked that connection, but it still works. I had to unplug it to install my JB4 tuner. I also upgraded the boost and charge pipes as well as the intake. It's definitely quicker now, and I haven't even changed it from the stock map.

I canceled my order for the seat adapters, since they were backordered and I wasn't willing to wait for them. I bought the Rago Fabrication modular storage panels instead. They're on sale right now.

I replaced a glow plug module (hell) on my e70 x5d yesterday , and took a little trip to Reddish and Flagpole Knob on Monday.
Did it tell you it was out or was it like other diesels and you discover that the first cold day when it won't preheat and you have to coke it up to start it.

What is it doing?

Pulsation starts at about 42mph then smooths out around 55; comes back around 70mph. It's a shake I can feel at my feet and can see the hood jumping. There is no vibration coming through the steering wheel, it`s movement that takes over the entire vehicle but moreso the front end. Also less apparent the colder it is outside. As the truck gets up to temp the pulsation is more aggressive.

New motor mounts and trans mount also in hand just in case...

Appreciate any thoughts

Pulsation starts at about 42mph then smooths out around 55; comes back around 70mph. It's a shake I can feel at my feet and can see the hood jumping. There is no vibration coming through the steering wheel, it`s movement that takes over the entire vehicle but moreso the front end. Also less apparent the colder it is outside. As the truck gets up to temp the pulsation is more aggressive.

New motor mounts and trans mount also in hand just in case...

Appreciate any thoughts

How are your u joints? Drive shafts?

My money is on driveshaft by the way, but again that's my guess without seeing it

U-Joints freshly replaced and driveshaft balanced. Well that's the rear... perhaps should do the same with the front, but it's only 2 years old and is the double cardan version....

Did it tell you it was out or was it like other diesels and you discover that the first cold day when it won't preheat and you have to coke it up to start it.

it gave me a CEL with an obvious code related to the module, but I of course chose to procrastinate until it actually got cold this week. It did not want to start that first cold day 🤣

U-Joints freshly replaced and driveshaft balanced. Well that's the rear... perhaps should do the same with the front, but it's only 2 years old and is the double cardan version....

Let's let stump or someone else chime in. Could very well be the front one.

U-Joints freshly replaced and driveshaft balanced. Well that's the rear... perhaps should do the same with the front

Pull your front d/s and drive it. If your vibration is gone, you know where to look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom