It's alive... ALIVE !!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Finally after 10 months of working whenever possible, I hooked up the fuel lines to my rebuilt carb, with newly redone manifold, and fresh plugs. BOOM.

As soon as the gas lines filled and the fuel hit the carb it fired right off!!!

It's been the greatest moment for me personally in a long time. I just had the disty (DUI) sitting in the hole to move about for timeing and heck the vacuum ports next to the idle screw had not even been plugged or connected. It runs like a top still!!!!!

July the 15th shall be this trucks new birthday!! And my redemption as well.

I will post pictures of the engine bay and carb stuff today, I still have a number of details I will need to ask everyone about.

Hi All:

Awesome, "F-Junker!" Post up them pics! :grinpimp:

Glad to hear that all those hours of work are finally bearing some fruit!

Regards,

Alan

Well, I was going to post some pics,but the camera died after three pictures, It runs like a top, I set the idle speed and cannot figure out if I need a choke breaker or not. No emmissions what so ever, :). This is a Non-usa spec. carb do I need the choke breaker? I installed a brand new choke cable from Toyota, worth every penny.

Looking at my DUI disty and vacuum ports on the carb I have two ports on the carb base on either side of idle mix screw and also two ports on the carbspacer (which once had the heatplate attached). WHICH one for the distributor vac advance?? I've looked in the FSM and bought a Hayes manual. I can't believe I can't remember if a vac advance is ported (carb) or manifold vacuum. I'm getting old and feeble minded!!

Next I have the E-brake to correct as I put the one linkage arm on wrong, I got some new clips from Mark's OffRoad. What a great Guy!!! Additional I purchased new front SS brake lines to replace the steel hard lines and rubber lines, a new clutch master and rear seal for the transfer. Driveshafts and front brakes, then drivers rear front wheel cylinder.

I've got to tell you, it was a year long dream to fire up that bad boy and finally hear it run. I've felt like a kid again, This has been such a time envolved project, one part found broken after another and no shortcuts taken, it's been a fun and stressful project. Hey, not to mention my gal threaten to leave me if I didn't stop buying motorcycles and working on that "DAMN TRUCK!".

I have many people to thank for their help, I would have given up on this project along time ago without their repeated help. When it's driveable (this evening or Saturday I hope). I will use another camera and take some GLAMOUR shots of "Ol' Ugly", as she's become known!! Thanks again to everyone here for all of their help and praise. This site has saved my truck and my sanity. Not mention thousands of dollars.

excellent!

Paragon the 29th or the Pig Run Aug 18th and 19th :D

be there or be square!

Chris, That's a possiblity but I've got to get some tires asap!

It runs like a top, I set the idle speed and cannot figure out if I need a choke breaker or not. No emmissions what so ever, . This is a Non-usa spec. carb do I need the choke breaker? I installed a brand new choke cable from Toyota, worth every penny.
I seem to recall Jim C saying in your previous thread that the choke breaker is one of 'the good things' but that it is maybe on some models part of the ?TPS? or some thing which is one of 'the bad things'... I might be on gas, I'll go see if I can find what was said. ( this is something that I am wondering about too obviously)
btw, mine is a 75 canadian spec

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom