Mud flaps for ARB rear bumper? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just got the damaged stock bumper replaced by the ARB modular. Looks great, but the mud flap delete plates I got from Land Cruiser Phil dont fit the ARB. I ordered the ARB flaps, but that looks like the risk that got me to do the delete plates in the first place is still present? Any ideas of how to cover the void in the wheelwell between the bumper end and the undercarriage?

The install also pushed the OEM trailer light socket up against the spare tire stored underneath. Any way to remove the mount and reposition so that it is still accessible?

Thanks!

Todd

The trailer socket mount is just a few bolts—unless everything back there is super rusty, it's just a few minutes to take those out. I moved mine to the DS, just inside the crossmember. There were some empty threaded holes there.

It'll be a real PITA to hook up a trailer in the future, but...I never tow. I hate towing things. Can't afford a boat and towing things usually means I'm doing a bunch of heavy lifting. So I avoid it!

The void—I kept it and just left the LCP plates off. Makes it super easy to wash out the tail end.

Just got the damaged stock bumper replaced by the ARB modular. Looks great, but the mud flap delete plates I got from Land Cruiser Phil dont fit the ARB. I ordered the ARB flaps, but that looks like the risk that got me to do the delete plates in the first place is still present? Any ideas of how to cover the void in the wheelwell between the bumper end and the undercarriage?

The install also pushed the OEM trailer light socket up against the spare tire stored underneath. Any way to remove the mount and reposition so that it is still accessible?

Thanks!

Todd

You can always cut the original mud flaps to work with the ARB. There is a distinct line you can make the cut to get it to work.

4327AB3D-C0F8-4252-BE03-66E9F0579CA2_1_105_c.jpeg
DFA4AB5F-3F48-49D9-B567-E8CA3C00169F_1_105_c.jpeg

That looks like a great solution! Can you take a photo of inside the wheel well, looking towards the rear? Also curious how you mounted the trailer plug socket? I need to unbolt it from the OEM location and relocate it closer to the hitch.

great looking truck!

the stock flaps will work with the two small adapter plates and I think sprung square nut holders and existing OEM hdw. you can choose to trim the upper over hang or not. i did not. sorry dont have a pic at the moment. i think I used some extra SS fender washers so i didnt blow through the flap when tightening some of the screws/bolts

That looks like a great solution! Can you take a photo of inside the wheel well, looking towards the rear? Also curious how you mounted the trailer plug socket? I need to unbolt it from the OEM location and relocate it closer to the hitch.

great looking truck!

I used an extension for the trailer socket.

510FD8FB-DC9E-4586-B7A4-EDAE77B30617_1_105_c.jpeg
4BC8D236-14C8-42D3-B879-C4A1DADACC25_1_105_c.jpeg
4197733C-C84F-4701-8BB1-0E3B9572A7DB_1_105_c.jpeg
33CFEBDC-129F-4452-B9C8-270B8F53E868_1_105_c.jpeg

a picture is worth a thousand words! Really helpful for me to envision cutting down the flaps. an extension would be great to relocate the socket. Where did you source it? I wove the cable through the frame, but the socket is pretty far from the hitch.

thanks for the pics.

todd

Bought a pair of ARB flaps and cut them down to size and mounted them. Looks a hell of a lot better than before.
649F91C5-85F9-419C-B616-250B588D3ABF.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom