1996 LX450 on the way to Hawaii (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Make sure you do Fluid Film under it to make sure the salt air does the least amount of damage!

Into on fluid film please. I was going to paint the bottom with Coraseal rust converter and then spray it with Line-x. Open to other options!

Amazon product ASIN B07W684KF7
There's lots of love here for WoolWax. I've got some but haven't been able to test it yet. I'll report back in the spring how much I like it...

I was actually referring to the person that built it. You see a lot of that in Colorado. Watch a few commercials or youtube videos on epic overlanding, see some add's in hip magazines....buy a vehicle, slap a bunch of parts on it and decide you don't like it before you even go anywhere. :rofl: You get to buy a pre-built rig which is nice and does save you money. I imagine it's hard to find decent cruisers on the islands.

Totally jealous of Hawaii weather right now. 15 degrees, windy as heck and not enough snow to snowboard or anything like that. My friends moved to Honolulu a year ago.
Thanks I am fortunate i live on the Big Island and you can fit all the other Islands on this Island and still have lots of room! Mud trails, rock crawling and some good trail runs. Yeah you are correct on not many good ones. The ones i found are beat to heck here and rusty (Including my wife's FJ60, did surgery, rust treatment and welding and now rust is popping in other places, she wont let me modify it so i bought my own...LOL!) Always buy someone else' s build. I liked the fact that Slee did most of the work. Weather is nice, Gas not so much $3.35/Gallon at Costco $3.85/gallon on the street. Good news is I can buy Non-ethanol gas here.

Okay here's some pics. More ot come when it arrives.
LX4501.jpg
LX4502.jpg
LX4504.jpg
LX4505.jpg
LX4506.jpg

That looks like a fine specimen to me. Good find.
So how much is it to ship back?

That's ok, just keep the truck out of the sun. lol.

Probably needs a new radiator. I wouldn’t spray line X. I usually just spray tire foam underneath when I go camping. If your on the Kona side you don’t get as much rain as I do in Hilo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom