Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anybody ever removed the wheel arch cover on an 80? Trying to reinstall my molding and not sure about the best way to get those clips out.
Thank you.

20191103_155039.jpg

Just take the rest of them off... You know they're all gonna wind up getting ripped off eventually, anyway. :flipoff2:
I was debating that but there will be a bunch of holes in the truck that will need to be filled up somehow.

I heard that Ryan @OTRAMM will R&R 80 fender flares for 0.25 hours of shop time.

:cool::cool::cool:

I was debating that but there will be a bunch of holes in the truck that will need to be filled up somehow.

Plus, you'd have to remove all the cladding, or it would look goofy. Then you would have a TON of holes to fill.

I actually prefer the look of flares on an 80, but it's hard to keep them on a wheeling truck around here. Too many trees jumping out on the trails.

They aren't clips, they're bolts. And they absolutely suck to get to the nuts. Go in through the turn signal opening and the opening on the inner panel towards the firewall.
Thanks Ryan.

Plus, you'd have to remove all the cladding, or it would look goofy. Then you would have a TON of holes to fill.

I actually prefer the look of flares on an 80, but it's hard to keep them on a wheeling truck around here. Too many trees jumping out on the trails.
Yeah. That's what happened to me too..😁

GM push in fasteners from Lowe's/Depot hardware isle aotomotive bin. Ford gray paint was a pretty close match to the moonglow. A couple of the oval holes required a lit rtv to keep them from rattling around.

Heres a link with part numbers from an old rotw thread.

GM push in fasteners from Lowe's/Depot hardware isle aotomotive bin. Ford gray paint was a pretty close match to the moonglow. A couple of the oval holes required a lit rtv to keep them from rattling around.

Heres a link with part numbers from an old rotw thread.

Thanks. I may have to go that route if I can't put it back.

Thanks. I may have to go that route if I can't put it back.

I also have some NIB 80 series oem flare gaskets for sale but im guessing they may be different for a 450 with the integrated side moulding.

I also have some NIB 80 series oem flare gaskets for sale but im guessing they may be different for a 450 with the integrated side moulding.
Can you send some pictures? If they fit I am interested.

Found an interesting Cdan post from a while back.

There are six different fenders.

91-92 with flares
91-92 without flares
93-94
95-97 with side moildings
95-97 without side mouldings
LX450

The basic shape is the same, the difference is the number and location of holes (or the lack thereof ).

I had no idea there were that many variants.

Found an interesting Cdan post from a while back.

I had no idea there were that many variants.
I would be interested to see if the molding seal might fit my 450. It's a 2 piece seal, over the arch and another shorter one on the body section of the molding.

I would be interested to see if the molding seal might fit my 450. It's a 2 piece seal, over the arch and another shorter one on the body section of the molding.
No.

Wow. Look at what youve done now drawing the man out of hiding :D

Here are the gaskets. Ive got some research to do. I just cut open the bag but seems i only have 5 instead of six sections. Guessing i cant return these to Dan now lol. Hmmm

CB7FC1F4-0B6D-4A19-902C-B2E960A85196.jpeg
EC70D272-A8BA-4318-BC4A-FE2BBAC7CB19.jpeg
AF64DF4C-A855-46F9-9CD7-63E310E19631.jpeg

Those things are over 11 years old. They may not stick. :hmm:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom