Who’s running the Holley sniper 2300 and is it worth it? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Fj moneypit

Cubic Zirconia Member
SILVER Star
Threads
Thinking about trying the Holley sniper 2300 fuel injection and looking to see who’s successfully running it and is it worth it? I know there are a few post ( @Dustin Messina @74fj40 and @thecrazygreek ) out there but looking for feedback before I buy. Who all is running? I’ve got a 2F in my 71 that I’ll be putting it on. Thanks.

I've got an MSD Atomic and I love it. Definitely worth the price. It seems to be the less intrusive of the ones I have looked at. No fuel tank, and no return line needed.

@Steamer has a good thread but I don't know if it's the 2300.

I`ve been running it on my 69 F engine I think it is great cold start is great, hot start is a breeze, and runs great. I never check fuel mileage just enjoy driving it. i feel it is well worth the money.
JP

@Steamer has a good thread but I don't know if it's the 2300.

Yes I have the 2300 and I'm quite happy with it. I never was good at tuning a carb but this thing tunes itself.
Here's my thread but be sure to check out the other threads here on the Sniper. "My Thread"

Listen.....
I have done single barrel big windows, 2 barrel OEM blah blahs, rebuilt carbs from sensational people here on mud, and tbi Howell horse****...
I will put my whatever on the line and say the sniper 2300 in my 2f is THE ****ING BEST THING YOU CAN DO to your motor evar!!!

Super easy, super reliable.

Turn your old ass engine into a millenial super awesome thingy...

Sorry gentlemen, it's Friday night. and IPA is on the menu... :)

Listen.....
I have done single barrel big windows, 2 barrel OEM blah blahs, rebuilt carbs from sensational people here on mud, and tbi Howell horses***...
I will put my whatever on the line and say the sniper 2300 in my 2f is THE f***ING BEST THING YOU CAN DO to your motor evar!!!

Super easy, super reliable.

Turn your old ass engine into a millenial super awesome thingy...

Sorry gentlemen, it's Friday night. and IPA is on the menu... :)
That’s the kinda stuff I like hearing! 👍🏼

Before I go out and drop the cash anyone else have good or bad experience with the efi?

Before I go out and drop the cash anyone else have good or bad experience with the efi?

The only downside from my end is that if the Sniper goes down, you have to send it back to Holley to be redone. Usually you can limp a poorly running carb home.

I'm not running the Holley setup but an AFI on my 1976, and like the greek said above, it's the best thing I have done to the FJ40 ever. Cold starts, hot starts no longer matter, it just starts. The EFI on the FJ40 and the H55 on my FJ62 are two transforming upgrades to these trucks. Game changers for me.

Worth every penny, drop the cash!

This thread has a lot of info: Holley Sniper 2 barrel conversion

I'm running the sniper, installed it earlier this year after my carb had been giving me fits. It's absolutely amazing. Install was a breeze. I got the full install kit from Holley, which honestly was kind of useless and the fuel pump it came with s*** itself pretty fast (some no name pump). Otherwise no issues and totally happy. Truck runs better than it ever has.

DSC_0773.jpg

This thread has a lot of info: Holley Sniper 2 barrel conversion

I'm running the sniper, installed it earlier this year after my carb had been giving me fits. It's absolutely amazing. Install was a breeze. I got the full install kit from Holley, which honestly was kind of useless and the fuel pump it came with s*** itself pretty fast (some no name pump). Otherwise no issues and totally happy. Truck runs better than it ever has.

View attachment 2125273
thanks for info. Yeah I heard bad things about the pump so looking to do an intank. What pump are you running? Anyone running an in tank pump?

I am actually going to be installing another sniper system into a 78 this weekend.
Using the adapter kit from @Downey which should be here soon. I'll post up thoughts on the adapter kit, etc...
The walbro pump was the best of three. But... I'm going to give the pump included in the kit one more chance. If it's too loud again... I'll just be buying the stand alone sniper without the fuel kit....

We will see...

Not knowing which pump I'd get with the kit, I went with the stand alone Sniper. I went with the Walbro GSL394 (Amazon). Compared with the GSL 392, it's pretty much identical but puts out less gph. Looking at the charts I figured it was big enough but I'd draw a little less amperage. Walbro says the GSL392 is good for 540 hp and the GSL394 is good for 400 hp. I heard that if Holley included a Walbro in their kit, it would be the GSL392. It probably doesn't matter between the two, but my 394 seems to be adequate where the regulator is sending plenty of fuel back to the return while maintaining 60 psi. If you care compare specs.....

Walbro Gerotor Pumps

Walbro Pump Specs PDF

Not knowing which pump I'd get with the kit, I went with the stand alone Sniper. I went with the Walbro GSL394 (Amazon). Compared with the GSL 392, it's pretty much identical but puts out less gph. Looking at the charts I figured it was big enough but I'd draw a little less amperage. Walbro says the GSL392 is good for 540 hp and the GSL394 is good for 400 hp. I heard that if Holley included a Walbro in their kit, it would be the GSL392. It probably doesn't matter between the two, but my 394 seems to be adequate where the regulator is sending plenty of fuel back to the return while maintaining 60 psi. If you care compare specs.....

Walbro Gerotor Pumps

Walbro Pump Specs PDF

thanks for the info. I’m gonna gather things slowly and give it a try.

thanks for the info. I’m gonna gather things slowly and give it a try.
[/QUOTE

You won`t regret it. I would do it again no questions. I guess I got lucky and my kit came with a walbro pump.
JP

I am actually going to be installing another sniper system into a 78 this weekend.
Using the adapter kit from @Downey which should be here soon. I'll post up thoughts on the adapter kit, etc...
The walbro pump was the best of three. But... I'm going to give the pump included in the kit one more chance. If it's too loud again... I'll just be buying the stand alone sniper without the fuel kit....

We will see...
Definitely let me know how it all goes. I’ll most likely be purchasing the Downey adapter kit to finish this off. I’ll be keeping my stock air cleaner so I’ll address that when it comes. Most likely fab up something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom