Wet seatbelt (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After a week of being parked in the rain (nose uphill), I came back to a wet DS seatbelt... The first couple things I did when I bought the truck 18mos ago were water related. I could see old water stains on the headliner and noticed carpet getting wet so I:

- Removed headliner, removed and replaced kinked Rear Sunroof drain lines. Fronts were clear, Slit drains were clear far as i could tell.
- Firetruck mod on front windshield

I think the windshield sealant has held up as I don't get wet carpets anymore so the wet seatbelt is curious to me. I also never cleaned the headliner so I don't know if those are old water stains or my drains are still acting up but I used rubber hoses and hose clamps plus the headliner didn't feel wet but the seatbelt did (but it's cold and I honestly have a hard time telling).

I do have a slit in the weatherstripping on the body of the DS door opening (not the door itself) - could that be the culprit? I've been meaning to try and make the DS door open and close better. It doesn't stay open and closes harshly so maybe I should put new rubber anyway. Before this, the last water leak I knew I had was in the rear sliding windows but that was quite minor and I just haven't gotten to it.

I also always seem to have water getting under the plastic pieces that snap onto the bottom of the door so not sure where that's coming from. In general I find the water choices quite mysterious on this thing.

Confirm that the sun roof drain tube that you replaced is connected securely. Make sure the drain tubes are all clear including the rocker panel drains so the water can drain all the way to the ground. I leave the most forward and most rear rocker plugs out.

Consider sealing the sunroof shut. What is the windshield fire truck mod?

Rocker panel drains; clean with zip tie.

Confirm that the sun roof drain tube that you replaced is connected securely. Make sure the drain tubes are all clear including the rocker panel drains so the water can drain all the way to the ground. I leave the most forward and most rear rocker plugs out.

Consider sealing the sunroof shut. What is the windshield fire truck mod?
Rocker panel drains; clean with zip tie.

@firetruck41 mod - HOW TO: Fix your leaky windshield

Good calls on checking the rocker panel drains. How many are there on each side? The mud make them a bit hard to find...

@firetruck41 mod - HOW TO: Fix your leaky windshield

Good calls on checking the rocker panel drains. How many are there on each side? The mud make them a bit hard to find...
Yes, they are not easy to see and they are tiny. For this reason, I simply leave the most forward and most rear rocker plugs removed.

I know that there is at least on tiny drain hole built into the pinch weld of the lower rocker seam under about where the door hinges are. A powerful light will help identify these tiny drain holes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom