Events/Trails Southern (tip) Swine Soirée - SSS 2019 Oct 25-27 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Gavin earned his learner's permit a few weeks ago and this event present the opportunity for him to gain some experience driving on trails, rock, mud, some road, and I let him handle the last river crossing. While he's been driving the 40 and the 60s on the farm this gave him some real life, real road experience.

IMG_3655.JPG

Had a great time, Thank you Andy for showing us your forest. To answer a question I read earlier I think we had 10 Pigs but only 8 were on the trails on Saturday. The white one with the ladder on the rear showed up at the Lodge but I never saw him on the trail. Also on Friday someone with a white truck had a white and beige pig on a trailer but he circled the campsite and left and I never saw him again. Does anyone know who it was or where he went to? I racked up about 870 miles but when I left I headed to SEMO area visited with some old friends and family and came back this morning.

I think you saw safari classics pig. He came Friday and camped beside us but his slave cylinder messed up so he left the Saturday morning.
Had a great time, Thank you Andy for showing us your forest. To answer a question I read earlier I think we had 10 Pigs but only 8 were on the trails on Saturday. The white one with the ladder on the rear showed up at the Lodge but I never saw him on the trail. Also on Friday someone with a white truck had a white and beige pig on a trailer but he circled the campsite and left and I never saw him again. Does anyone know who it was or where he went to? I racked up about 870 miles but when I left I headed to SEMO area visited with some old friends and family and came back this morning.

5FD6CE1B-2825-41E8-BFBB-E131225AABCD.png

fj55 morning ironpigs.jpeg

Proof that the white 55 from North Carolina (me) made it from the Atlantic 900 miles to the gathering - I'm still only half way back today.

Sorry to have missed the photo lineups and trail drive - wasn’t in the cards for me. I count myself lucky enough to have made the journey without incident and just happy to be there. Awesome to see so many other pigs together.

Most importantly had a great time meeting all of those I could.

Thanks especially to Andy and fam for their hospitality and generous spirits…

I just want to thank you all for the hospitality. Seeing those pigs in the wild was awesome.

I got a call from Budski (James) at Voodoo that he and Andie were doing Cruiser stuff in the woods that weekend. Not being one to turn down an invite from Andie or James, I left St. Louis Friday night and met at Voodoo just in time to leave for dinner at the lodge.

Thank you again for the opportunity to trail ride with some really awesome enthusiasts.

Ryan, the guy in the black 80.

20191025_181435.jpg

20191026_160150.jpg

20191026_153408.jpg

IMG_20191026_130439_329.jpg

20191026_163015.jpg

Last edited:
Did anyone have any issues with the water? Mine would have shorted out somewhere.

I think the biggest issue with the creek water is it has a lot of sandy grit in it and will eat up bearings and get in the gear boxes, pumpkins, etc. It doesn't take much to make a mess. It will be a good Winter project changing all the oils and regreasing the wheel bearings.

Hey Godwin,

Why did all the crawfish stand up and look like they were ready to fight on the road? I was laughing and upset, trying to dodge all of them.

Crossing the road, felt threatened by the vehicles, and went into defensive posture.

406934EF-178F-4D99-BAC0-28120AB45655.jpeg
8AC4E19D-E8F0-44D2-A200-A7EE4A7D15C7.jpeg
D05AD919-34D3-4787-BB00-1E6334BBF16F.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom