CANCELED- Rubicon Trail -Sept 7th 2020 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Crusha

Self-censoring my mud posts...
SILVER Star
Threads
CANCELED

EDIT: We have decided to do the Rubicon Trail as a group on our own, instead of actually attending Rubithon.

This adventure officially starts Monday 9-7-2020.

I'm capping this at the confirmed 11 drivers below. WITH THE EXCEPTION of any participants of our previous trips out West. @TRFCSUX , @Pacer , @SAS , @Jakes40 . I hope I didn't forget anyone.

@Crusha - Greg Licht - 80 series
@shmukster - Gary Schmauch - 40 series
@matzell - Rob Matzell - 40 series
@mryanangel - Morgan Ryan-Angel - 80 series
@Stumpalama - Mike Thomas - 40 series
@woytovich - Mark Woytovich - 60 series
@JeepinPete- Pete Datcuk - 80 series
@Tikicruiser- Jeff Strite - Taco
@jonheld- Jon Held - 80 series
@Jester- Tim Minner - 40 series
@Cruiserdrew - Andrew Pollock - 40 or 60 series

Exact dates have yet to be announced, but it could be July, or August, maybe even September. It depends on the snow pack at the higher elevations.

I'm going. Ben @fireball and Jeff @Tikicruiser won a free trip at the Coal Mine Cruiser Classic raffle earlier this year. Gary @shmukster is planning on going, @Pacer expressed interest as well. I'm sure a few guys from CLCC are in, @Stumpalama @TRFCSUX @76FJ40 @apinti @SAS

I'll be shipping my truck and flying in/out. The more trucks being shipped, the cheaper it will be. I estimate cost to ship, depending on fuel prices and the amount of trucks, will be about $2500

Last edited:
Exact dates have yet to be announced, but it could be July, or August, maybe even September. It depends on the snow pack at the higher elevations.

I'm going. Ben @fireball and Jeff @Tikicruiser won a free trip at the Coal Mine Cruiser Classic raffle earlier this year. Gary @shmukster is planning on going, @Pacer expressed interest as well. I'm sure a few guys from CLCC are in, @Stumpalama @TRFCSUX @76FJ40 @apinti @SAS

I'll be shipping my truck and flying in/out. The more trucks being shipped, the cheaper it will be. I estimate cost to ship, depending on fuel prices and the amount of trucks, will be about $2500

Is the $2500 estimate for round trip shipping?

Is the $2500 estimate for round trip shipping?

It is.

Honestly, I'm hoping for less than that. It depends on the amount of trucks that commit to shipping.

I'd be interested in going as a passanger if someone has space. Willing to help someone drive out there as well if needed.

At this point I wont be able to make it until September. At that point If anybody is willing to have a copilot I will be more then happy to share the cost of the trip If I can ride shotgun.

You don’t count. You are only a 7 hr drive away. :lol:
Thats probably why I missed out on the CO trip. I now don’t count.

Last edited:
happened to me too in 2007 when I moved to N.M. :)

Being out west gives you a bit of advantage.

then again, you’ll probably be a logistics base. ;)
I do have a good landing zone for cruisers only 20 mins from the SLC airport.

My girlfriend and I are in the early planning stages of a cross county in my 80 or her 100 trip for next Sept. Not sure I'd want to run Rubicon in the truck I'm driving cross country in, but it'd be fun to check it out and meet a few people from here.

I just saw this thread. I posted up in the Capital clubhouse tonight about the same trip...I can delete that if it is going to get too confusing. I was trying to draw interest from those down south.

Rob

Probably easiest to just link over to this thread and keep it all in one place. I hate when folks post the same thread in multiple forums, makes it harder to keep track of things. But I'm biased since I am a Keystoner! :)

I just saw this thread. I posted up in the Capital clubhouse tonight about the same trip...I can delete that if it is going to get too confusing. I was trying to draw interest from those down south.

Rob

It would might be best to direct people to this thread to keep it tidy.

We’ve been doing yearly cross club trips out West with CLCC members for four (five?) years now.

It’s now practically tradition!

I linked my thread to this one....

I plan to tow a FJ40 out and Tim M. plans to tow out as well, his vehicle is not built yet but has all the pieces to put it together!

I am not sure I can take off the additional time to do Fordyce as well. TBD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom