Events/Trails 3rd Annual SW 70 Series Social —-October 31-November 3!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'd very much like to make this... put me on the list. I'll be following as this develops.

Is this a family-friendly gathering? I've got a wife and three kiddos who aren't gonna let me do a trek like this solo...
Family friendly as long as you’re ok with folks enjoying a couple beers in the eve!

Sounds like a great idea! I'm bummed I missed last year. Put me on the list, too.
All those interested will be noted down, there’s no formal registration, very low key fun gathering.

The timing of this one may work out for me.
Yay! I haven’t see you since around Up 2017!

Unfortunately not able to make it this year but I definetly need to plan 2020 in my calendar . Maybe do the meet and great then and from there drive to Vegas for the Sema show, it seems there are always only a few days between those 2.
We made it so the 70 series meet will always be the weekend prior to SEMA, guarantees Woody will be around ;)

Put us on the tentative list!
70's meet up and the Grand Canyon, that's 2 I could cross off the bucket list!

I'd be interested in helping come up with t-shirts if you would like.
I’ve got the design covered. Thank you though. Probably won’t make T-shirt’s and will just stick with stickers, as there isn’t a registration fee it’s hard to justify printing T-shirt’s especially not knowing attendee numbers.

If you have a design for T-shirts, we should coordinate since I could make stickers if anyone's interested. I have a 12,000 sq ft graphics shop at my disposal. Stickers won't be a problem.
Probably no T-shirt’s, but I make up a sticker design, and in the past have used Sticker Mule, but maybe let’s get together about printing stickers this year.

Well, you do have those seats.

Where in Utah is the soirée?
Meeting spot is Hurricane, close to St. George

Making t-shirts for 4th M ‘n G was a huge pita. But I wanted one so I volunteered to coordinate/fund it. In total I paid $40/a shirt and eight shirts didn’t get purchased due to buyer back out. So I lost money, but the shirts were cool, so it is what it is.

@Beastiethe70 ....."All those interested will be noted down, there’s no formal registration, very low key fun gathering."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This falls under the "what it's worth" and the "mistakes I made" category. As one of the organizers of the "East" event, now in its 5th year, I wanted each year to be bigger and better than the previous year. What started off as a small social gathering for a group of 70 Series enthusiast turned into an event that involved sponsors, raffles and catered dinners. It didn't take long to realize that the focus was headed in the wrong direction. We're are now back into a simplified "social event" where the only emphasis is on having fun and spending time with other 70 Series owners. I would encourage you to keep the event as simple as possible and simply enjoy the weekend with friends.

@Beastiethe70 ....."All those interested will be noted down, there’s no formal registration, very low key fun gathering."
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This falls under the "what it's worth" and the "mistakes I made" category. As one of the organizers of the "East" event, now in its 5th year, I wanted each year to be bigger and better than the previous year. What started off as a small social gathering for a group of 70 Series enthusiast turned into an event that involved sponsors, raffles and catered dinners. It didn't take long to realize that the focus was headed in the wrong direction. We're are now back into a simplified "social event" where the only emphasis is on having fun and spending time with other 70 Series owners. I would encourage you to keep the event as simple as possible and simply enjoy the weekend with friends.

In addition, an informal gathering of friends is not an "event" and as such there is no permitting or other constraints required to hold an event. :)

Greetings from a new 70 series owner. I'm very interested in this gathering and traveling to that area. I have met a few of you at Overland Expo west over the years. Happy to finally own a BJ71. I'll be coming from Logan, Utah.

Unfortunately I will not be able to make those dates, kids are young, don't want to miss out on their halloween festivities. Have fun.
Side note, will be doing a death valley trip over the following veterans weekend, PM me if interested.

Can someone message me a few photos of previous events so I can sling this on the NA 70 page.

Hmm - 11 hours y the low road, or 13 via Yosemite. Tempting

Alright folks, I've finally been able to focus on planning for this gathering!

So seems like if you can get you and your 70 to somewhere near Hurricane, UT the evening of Thursday October, 31, we'll muster at a soon to be determined location the morning of Friday, November 1 and start heading out to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. Still figuring out trails and if it will be one or two nights out on the trail, to return Saturday the 2 or Sunday the 3. Working with @woody on this part.

@coldtaco
@divemedic
@Honger
@gilmorneau
@FJ73Texas
@billybongo63
@Gus
@cruiserdan --Still need to ask Brian wither it is a trailer friendly trail or not
@perrobravo

Did I miss anyone who mentioned they were interested? Trying to get a headcount.
SW3.jpg

Last edited:
Put me in the lame bucket... bowing out. I'm behind on the Troopy in terms of being ready. It needs new brakes and axle rebuilds before I can make that kind of trek... and it won't be done in time. Bummed...

I'll be watching for next year's...

Put me in the lame bucket... bowing out. I'm behind on the Troopy in terms of being ready. It needs new brakes and axle rebuilds before I can make that kind of trek... and it won't be done in time. Bummed...

I'll be watching for next year's...
Feel free to drive another cruiser :)

I will not be making it. This coming Monday (the 28th) we start photographing the entire museum collection, individually inside and out, on a powered turntable. We will be closing down and working for 13-15 days straight to complete the project.

I will not be making it. This coming Monday (the 28th) we start photographing the entire museum collection, individually inside and out, on a powered turntable. We will be closing down and working for 13-15 days straight to complete the project.

Shoot Dan! Excited to see the finished product of the whirlwind photography project, but you’ll be missed! Send me your address and I’ll get you some stickers :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom