Builds Getting a new 200 built (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So Eric has a photo album that shares the progress of the build. I just checked it to find 4 new photos. I feel like a kid at Christmas!

DD612503-9A44-437F-9AB2-18F16EDCCB2C.jpeg

BBCB303B-1A96-4AA9-ADD5-6FBD7ED2B5E8.jpeg
A953C930-7E23-4499-A83C-488DEAF31A41.jpeg
31393471-0E2D-495E-80EB-439AED77DDBC.jpeg

Too bad Ed Martin Toyota is not a national chain....

I live half way across the country from them. They are delivering my truck to me.

Are they driving it to you or flat-bed delivery?

Eric has been building these for customers for quite a while, I'm betting he has the process of getting them wherever in the country they need to go completely figured out.

Are they driving it to you or flat-bed delivery?

In my case, I am trading in my 2016 to Eric. So, he is driving my new truck and taking my old one. I have bought 3 LC 200s, and none of them were from where I lived. Two delivered by driving, one on a flatbed.

Seems like a funny question....

Why? Not sure about others but it does bother me if someone drives my truck cross country...i want ALL the miles on the truck to be driven by me not by someone else. I am selfish that way. :)

@Madtiger bc i would assume a dealer would arrange transport via shipping not paying someone to drive it 1 way then fly them home - inefficient I feel

Reactions: HGB
Why? Not sure about others but it does bother me if someone drives my truck cross country...i want ALL the miles on the truck to be driven by me not by someone else. I am selfish that way. :)

Yeah, I don't really care about that.

@Madtiger bc i would assume a dealer would arrange transport via shipping not paying someone to drive it 1 way then fly them home - inefficient I feel

dealers pay retired folks approx 20-25 cents a mile. Sometimes it's cheaper (for the dealer) to hire a driver than flatbed or airfare.

We have shipped to about 1/3 of the states so far. Shipping is about $1/mile. Sometimes less/sometimes more. This white one has a trade and customer didn’t care about the 700 miles so we saved a little money not having to pay for two shipments. I don’t typically charge for the retired old-man method. $10/hr isn’t worth arguing about.

We have shipped to about 1/3 of the states so far. Shipping is about $1/mile. Sometimes less/sometimes more. This white one has a trade and customer didn’t care about the 700 miles so we saved a little money not having to pay for two shipments. I don’t typically charge for the retired old-man method. $10/hr isn’t worth arguing about.

Lol I the customer thought it was 500 miles. It is a little over 700.

This will be my first black trim 200 since my 2009 LX. I miss that truck. I am convinced it was the inspiration for the blacked out LX they sell now. ;)

FC44D71E-245E-46A9-8C6B-08FD942B045A.jpeg

FDA8518A-751B-4AA2-8B90-82A4BDCB5648.jpeg

Build has kind of hit a standstill on waiting to get my headlights back and delays with the Heritage grill. :(

So Eric has a photo album that shares the progress of the build. I just checked it to find 4 new photos. I feel like a kid at Christmas!

View attachment 2109346
View attachment 2109348View attachment 2109349View attachment 2109347
Seeing this makes me wonder when in the hell they would install trim like from the factory. It looks so amazing without it, so sad there are holes there or I would remove mine right this very second.

Thank you for sharing these photos. It does make me appreciate the vehicles lines so much more

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom