40 series general tech and classifieds (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Against the well informed advice of Chris, I ordered a new headliner for the 40. Got it from cruiser corps, because he’s a cool fellow. Planning on attempting the install myself when it gets here. Anyone ever do this themselves?

Also, a few questions for before I reinstall the top. Thinking about trimming the poles before I re install to about 2 inches or so to make it a little bit easier. One of the poles needs to be re welded because when we took it off I might have broke the weld when I set it on the ground. Any of you other hard top folks experience any of this?

Against the well informed advice of Chris, I ordered a new headliner for the 40. Got it from cruiser corps, because he’s a cool fellow. Planning on attempting the install myself when it gets here. Anyone ever do this themselves?

lol. oh my little Padawan...

Two Words - Trollhole Softtop! done

Learning the married art of compromise early will serve you well.

The headliner is a 2 person job. Don't try it alone, it will look like mine. Also, its a great addition. Quiets it down a lot. Trim the rods, I think all you need is about 4" of that max.

City Racer has some nice gaskets when you reinstall.

Speaking of hardtops, anyone have an extra one they want to sell. Preferably one with a hatch

I have the one off the pile ('69 40) and have the hatch, but the rear header now resides somewhere in WA state so not sure if youd still be interested.

The headliner is a 2 person job. Don't try it alone, it will look like mine. Also, its a great addition. Quiets it down a lot. Trim the rods, I think all you need is about 4" of that max.

City Racer has some nice gaskets when you reinstall.

Thanks for the tip. Was going to try it myself. Maybe I can get crystal to help me with it since there’s not any heavy lifting. Was hoping to re use the gasket, but if they’re pretty one time use, I’ll look into ordering another. There’s the one that goes around the entire top, and one for the windshield to top connection right?

Thanks for the tip. Was going to try it myself. Maybe I can get crystal to help me with it since there’s not any heavy lifting. Was hoping to re use the gasket, but if they’re pretty one time use, I’ll look into ordering another. There’s the one that goes around the entire top, and one for the windshield to top connection right?

just saw CR is closed for a while. Cruiser Corps has that tub to top gasket. If yours is still good reuse it

just saw CR is closed for a while. Cruiser Corps has that tub to top gasket. If yours is still good reuse it

Perfect. I need to get it apart this weekend to check it out anyways. I think assembling it in pieces back onto the truck is a smart move. @DirtRoads and I removed it in one piece and it was a freaking ordeal in itself.

Perfect. I need to get it apart this weekend to check it out anyways. I think assembling it in pieces back onto the truck is a smart move. @DirtRoads and I removed it in one piece and it was a freaking ordeal in itself.

That junt about guillotined us both in half. I'm surprised that lead was the most economical material to use back then.

Lee Majors got some new passenger window glass thanks to @Texican. Tossed the doors back on while I get the headliner going on the top. Going to be interesting taking the hard top apart.

Also found out late at night at crawl that the heat doesn’t like to blow warm so I’m hoping a new thermostat and o ring will fix that. Trying to get Lee majors ready for the winter.

0615BFD1-0107-426D-94D5-D38B048111C5.jpeg

A911F272-E79C-4D07-B9BA-2EFA2593DC5F.jpeg

New thermostat and o ring got me heat and a working dash gauge. 3 outta 4 gauges working now. Last one is the oil pressure gauge. I replaced the sender, and still nothing. I’m thinking the actual gauge might be dead. I get a little movement from the needle but it doesn’t make it to the first tick mark on the gauge.

CE17D3E6-520A-488F-B731-9FE632BAA107.jpeg

This is up next. Good stuff from cruiser corps. Trying to get the wrinkles out from shipping now.

99473DA0-99D5-4C32-A64B-DB5C74244552.jpeg

Just a suggestion: hang it up on the shower curtain and run a small space heater on it.

Good idea, I was about to hit it with the wifes hair dryer, but the space heater idea sounds like it would be slower, and less prone to messing it up haha

New thermostat and o ring got me heat and a working dash gauge. 3 outta 4 gauges working now. Last one is the oil pressure gauge. I replaced the sender, and still nothing. I’m thinking the actual gauge might be dead. I get a little movement from the needle but it doesn’t make it to the first tick mark on the gauge.

View attachment 2116349

This is up next. Good stuff from cruiser corps. Trying to get the wrinkles out from shipping now.

View attachment 2116350

Wire for oil pressure gauge is the random red wire taped in the harness above the brake booster. Lee was slated to get completely rewired over winter. As you well know the wiring is a mess and was one of the last bugs to work out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom