FJ Cruiser Alarmingly annoying (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Apologies for the terrible pun.
I live in Cameroon and have just bought a surprisingly tidy 2007 FJ Cruiser. Despite myself (previously a devout landcruiser owner) I love it. Its one of the first times that I buy a car and don't find millions of things that are not right.
I have found, however, one thing. The alarm keeps going off. Clearly been a problem for a while as it has been disconnected from the horn and siren. However, it still flashes its lights and indicators. It has a magic button I can press which disables the interior sensor. That solves the problem. But I would rather not press the button every time I get out the car. Is there any way to permanently disable the alarm (open to all options here from hammer to coding)? Alternatively, if I could find the sensor, maybe its loose or dirty or unhappy. Anyone know where it is? Maybe I could pull a fuse?
Finally, I have a Carly OBD2 adapter. Is there an app that will allow me some coding as the carly app doesnt seem to? Again any knowledge greatly appreciated.
As I say, I am in Cameroon, so going to the dealer is not really an option. Even going to a good electrical mechanic isn't really an option. I have to fix this thing myself, so any advice greatly appreciated.

I think it was an issue with the ecu on the 07s. I believe there was a recall or TSB for it.

I don't think so. Maybe buy an ecu used from e bay.

I believe there was a recall or TSB for it
there was not, at least not in the us market.

is this an aftermarket alarm by any chance, typically the factory alarm dosnt have any buttons or switches in the vehicle. if its a factory alarm usually the hood switch is the issue, you may be able to just unplug the the switch and be fine with that

is this an aftermarket alarm by any chance, typically the factory alarm dosnt have any buttons or switches in the vehicle. if its a factory alarm usually the hood switch is the issue, you may be able to just unplug the the switch and be fine with that
That's good to hear. It was what I read when searching the internet for the issue.

That's good to hear. It was what I read when searching the internet for the issue.

Its the optional VIP alarm, with a factory button to desactivate the interior 'radar' sensor (I guess if you leave a dog in the car and such like).
I had a long look for a hood swtich and am either being stupid, or there isn't one. Where would it normally be?

I had a long look for a hood swtich and am either being stupid, or there isn't one. Where would it normally be?

if it has one it would be part of the hood latch assembly, typically when the switch goes bad itll make the alarm think that the hood is open

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom