Builds fj62 gets a lift (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

the spring plate on mine had a smooth stud the shock goes on that is threaded inside. a bolt with a large washer threaded in and hold the shock on. my 40s have the plate with the threaded stud on it. i don’t know which one the 60 use but the ones on my 62 definitely use a bolt that threads into the stud

Right, yes now I remember. Replaced mine a couple years ago when replacing springs, due to excessive rust.

mostly a driving day today. went from pocatello to cedar city. passed through salt lake city and got to meet some of the guys at @cruiseroutfit to get an ARB installed and set up in a diff for my 40 build. it was two blocks of the interstate we were traveling so i decided to throw it in the trailer. save the shipping and brokerage this way anyway.

while waiting for them to open after lunch we tailgated ourselves. (hope you don’t mind the picture guys. if it’s a problem i’ll take it down)
CDB952EA-CD6C-49FA-A00F-8D4550E81537.jpeg

my kids are each collecting stickers as part of their travel journal. this was today’s!!

E37A210C-CE63-41C7-B406-10ADF97324E6.jpeg

grand canyon tomorrow.

mostly a driving day today. went from pocatello to cedar city. passed through salt lake city and got to meet some of the guys at @cruiseroutfit to get an ARB installed and set up in a diff for my 40 build. it was two blocks of the interstate we were traveling so i decided to throw it in the trailer. save the shipping and brokerage this way anyway.

while waiting for them to open after lunch we tailgated ourselves. (hope you don’t mind the picture guys. if it’s a problem i’ll take it down)
View attachment 2104360

my kids are each collecting stickers as part of their travel journal. this was today’s!!

View attachment 2104361

grand canyon tomorrow.

Not at all. Thanks for stopping by! Hope I can be there when you swing back by!

well we made it. it’ll be nice to spend some time hiking and exploring. no troubles so far and in 4000km of driving i’ve only had to top up my oil about half a quart. not so bad!! otherwise the truck has run like a top even up some very steep long hills. i’ve hit 1100F on my egt a few times but have been able to keep 100km an hour most of the time with no stress!!
F136EC85-543B-4ACE-8EC7-DFA3D0EAF846.jpeg
86751EFA-B634-4BFB-A319-81901F7DEDD1.jpeg
F0A9DD97-F89C-436F-AA70-692BB07EBA51.jpeg
2CD3F2B9-35EA-40E7-BF2B-B34C8534AF33.jpeg

couple more days at the grand canyon and now we’re on our way home. the only repair so far is a headlight bulb that was burned out. i got pulled over twice in 20 min one evening heading back to our hotel. thankfully both officers were very friendly and i was only given a warning. one of the officers was even a cruiser guy himself.

now i have an extra bulb just in case.
antelope canyon yesterday. tomorrow zion park! it’s been such a great experience seeing all these beautiful places. it makes me want to go to each place individually and really get off pavement and explore. who knows when that’ll happen but at least i’ve been able to see these amazing places.

A20A7F15-A3C3-487B-B0E7-2786E7B087FE.jpeg
287FBEF4-EC56-4723-9982-83777AA00883.jpeg

we originally thought we’d go up through monument valley and around moab but the kids need a day off of driving so we went straight back to cedar city but stopped in zion national park. i think that’s one of the most beautiful places i’ve been to! it was just breath taking. we then drive over the mountain range up to 10000 feet. cruiser didn’t skip a beat!

83F0CF04-12A8-4FA0-8BF7-B31EEC21DAB7.jpeg

E4346301-B4E4-47CD-AD29-D8F8BAD6BBCA.jpeg

C6701852-9A63-469A-8D5A-FFADE153C4C2.jpeg

597A8962-41BB-48E7-BB15-E0F1D6FFE2F1.jpeg

heading home now. we stopped by cruiser outfitters again and picked up my 40 diff and continues north. we planned on going through yellowstone again for a day but it snowed and shut the roads down so we went north west. we’ve made it to northern montana and will make it home tomorrow. we saw two pigs today. one blue one on a trailer heading south and this one in someone’s back yard. pretty cool. i don’t think i’ve actually ever seen one in person
9F10A2D2-9D20-4601-950C-1C56028CAA18.jpeg

home sweet home. we’ve had a great trip! 4500 miles (7000km) round trip and only a light bulb to fix. ill have a few maintenance things to do again but nothing to add to my list of to do things
6008569B-7EE0-42D1-9410-11B24CD59C33.jpeg

getting my grill from @kelly saad finished a little at a time. i had the frame chromed so it’ll match my headlight grille. here’s a taste of what it’ll look like

Looks great. Get @dogfishlake to hook you up with his blingy new Turbo badges.

Last edited:
well i officially look at myself with previous owner status :bang: i’ve had a few wiring issues that i started to chase and “while i was in there” i decided to see if i could get the lights finally working right on one of my toggle switches. i then started to examine how i had wired it and holy cow i didn’t have a clue what i was doing back when i installed it. i had wires going everywhere. to needless to say i did some clean up of that mess too! then my switch broke when i went to put it back in the dash. so a new one is on order. hopefully i’ll get it all buttoned up again by sunday. i’m also getting the rest of my stereo parts installed that have been sitting in my “to do” box for the last year.

on that note though does anyone have a good source for the arb carling style switches? when i order them separately from china they’ve had different colour blue lenses on them so they don’t match well. they are $7 each so i’m not complaining but if i could get all from the same vendor that would be ideal

hit a deer this morning and blew up my headlight surround. it folded the front corner of my fender a bit too 😩. could have been worse. glad for the 4plus bumper. just her head hit the lights. her body went down and out because of the bumper. now i have to source some parts. i hit at about 70km/hr so she probably didn’t feel much. glad it didn’t take out my grille or rad. i was only 10 min into a 2 1/2 hour drive for work today.
B37ECD42-B2B4-4F24-9971-179C1500C255.jpeg

when i got home and had time to check the whole truck i also have two dents and a big chunk of paint missing from my door where the body came around and hit the side. more work. 😭

Last edited:
parts ordered today to replace the headlight mounting and a new (aftermarket) headlight door surround. i had them before and i was happy with them so i’ll do it again. now i have to figure out headlights. i had cibies for lows and was ok with them. a replacement will be about $175 CAD with shipping and exchange. i could use this as an excuse to put some newer LEDs in. i have thought about the JW speaker lights but don’t like the idea of having to replace a $250 light if it breaks or burns out. i can get a set of lights from my local car enthusiast shop that has a 5 year warrantee with a replaceable led light that i don’t have to change housings and the lense is polycarbonate not glass. two lights are 10000 lumens combined apparently. $500 for all four. i just forget the name. ill have to go research them a little more to see if i want to go that way

can of worms today. went to change winter tires and figured while i’m here might as well paint my brake drums. struggled to get one off can’t get the other one off. thankfully the one i got off is the one i needed to as my brake cylinder is leaking. explains my slow leak of brake fluid!! part ordered. hopefully i’ll get it fixed this week!
image.jpg

also replaced my fit kit on my arb roof rack. the powder coat flaked off all the covers within a week of install. they sent me a new one but it took me over a year to find time to swap them.
image.jpg

oh and i bought jw speaker lights to install when i get my body work done. just waiting for resistors in the mail to make a harness.

finally i’m getting the 62 into the body shop for the deer hit repairs and i’ll get a little spa treatment to some areas of rust. while it’s apart i’ll also finally get my grille from @kelly saad installed. i got my emblem
holes drilled. now i’ll trying to decide if i paint it or powder coat it. i can repaint it myself when it gets filled with rock chips but maybe powder will hold up better and prevent chips.

02DC6986-9161-4824-AD17-693F58E5225A.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom