Updated rear bumper pics (was Project LXXIV) (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Curious about the hard points on the front and rear bumpers. I know many people say not to use the ones on (for example) the ARB bumpers as snatch points or for other heavy use, and instead get a chassis mounted tow point. What about the ones on these bumpers? Would chassis mounted tow points still be necessary?

Also, what exactly comes with the rear bumper's setup? As far as I can tell: the bumper, LED lights, the dual swings, and (maybe) a tow hitch? If it comes with the hitch, what's the hitch size/rating?

As for the front, what winch setups fit best? I'd need a 24v for my HZJ77. Any suggestions?

I'm interested in going ahead and ordering the rear (and probably front as well) for my 1995 HZJ77 when I get back stateside next year~ ^_^
What would shipping to a residential address in South Carolina run?

Interested in one of these bumpers for my Troopy, will a scepter fuel can fit in the spare fuel can holder ?

Kurt carries one on his truck so I would say yes.

Curious about the hard points on the front and rear bumpers. I know many people say not to use the ones on (for example) the ARB bumpers as snatch points or for other heavy use, and instead get a chassis mounted tow point. What about the ones on these bumpers? Would chassis mounted tow points still be necessary?

Also, what exactly comes with the rear bumper's setup? As far as I can tell: the bumper, LED lights, the dual swings, and (maybe) a tow hitch? If it comes with the hitch, what's the hitch size/rating?

As for the front, what winch setups fit best? I'd need a 24v for my HZJ77. Any suggestions?

I'm interested in going ahead and ordering the rear (and probably front as well) for my 1995 HZJ77 when I get back stateside next year~ ^_^
What would shipping to a residential address in South Carolina run?

Recovery points on the bumpers don’t have a formal rating but are engineered for recovery. Hitch is 2”, no formal rating but suitable for Class I loads.

Rear bumper includes base bar, tire swing, lights, accessory swing and hardware.

We’ve been very happy with the ComeUp 24V variants, there are several to choose from based on your want/budget.

Shipping to SC would be ~$300 on a pair of bumpers.

Interested in one of these bumpers for my Troopy, will a scepter fuel can fit in the spare fuel can holder ?

The spare fuel can holders are sold separately, the bumper itself includes the accessory mount. You can setup for Scepter, NATO, Rotopax, etc.

For the first time in awhile we have the rear bumpers in stock and ready to ship :cool:

new_rear_2.JPG

We are assembling the parts kits for another dozen bumpers today.

Front bumpers are still in process and will ship in sequence of order.

Give us a call at the shop (801-563-1277) if you're interested!

Bumpers be leaving :D

1566859348839.jpeg

Thanks for the orders!

I believe this one is destined for the ass end of my troopy. Supposed to be delivered thursday. Stoked to get it installed.

Right on!

Land Cruisers Direct doing an install on their new build :cool:

D98E183F-DDEF-41C7-8B4B-BAA310373863.jpeg

Would it be possible to send some more info on the rear bars? I can't find anything on your site.

Would be looking to ship it out to Dubai, including a carrier for two Scepter cans on the left.

Would it be possible to send some more info on the rear bars? I can't find anything on your site.

Would be looking to ship it out to Dubai, including a carrier for two Scepter cans on the left.

Give us a call at Cruiser Outfitters (801-563-1277) or email (info@cruiseroutfitters.com) if you would like to place an order or need additional information. Thanks

More goodness loaded on the truck today!

4C9F2FAA-1133-452D-BA9A-89AF3232A1FE.jpeg

More rear bumpers in stock and ready to ship. Fronts are back-ordered, taking orders currently and they will ship as they arrive.

I will follow up with a question. After switching over to these LEDs in the bumper from the stock incandescent bulbs, I'm getting what I now understand to be "hyperflasing" where the turn signals flash faster because of the reduced resistance on the circuit. Has anybody found a LED flasher relay in 24V that's a direct replacement. I'm seeing a lot of options in 12V.

Also the red lights in the bumper come on as running lights but don't do anything when the brake pedal is depressed. Brake lights in the bumper were working before the new one. Is it at all possible this is related to the LEDs as well, or is it just another electrical gremlin manifesting itself? Haven't really had a chance to investigate yet.

I will follow up with a question. After switching over to these LEDs in the bumper from the stock incandescent bulbs, I'm getting what I now understand to be "hyperflasing" where the turn signals flash faster because of the reduced resistance on the circuit. Has anybody found a LED flasher relay in 24V that's a direct replacement. I'm seeing a lot of options in 12V.

Also the red lights in the bumper come on as running lights but don't do anything when the brake pedal is depressed. Brake lights in the bumper were working before the new one. Is it at all possible this is related to the LEDs as well, or is it just another electrical gremlin manifesting itself? Haven't really had a chance to investigate yet.
on Pirate4x4 or something like that there is a nice description on how to modify your factory flasher relay to work with LED's. Try a google search, don't know how to tell you what words to use. This mod was with a 12V flasher but if you open up your flasher relay and it looks the same then it probably will work. As to your brake lights I am guessing that the bumper lights are set up like trailer lights, the 3 pin/wire type, so you probably would need to get one of those trailer wiring harness kits that converts the 4 lights to 3 lights where the brake and running light are the same?

Get load resistors. My Kaymar came with a pair of them.

I know load resistors is the other option. A new relay just seems like a cleaner solution but I'm considering that as a backup plan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom